Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No import option

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just installed LR C and cant import any photos . i dont know what I am missing. There is no import option LHS panel or within the File menu.

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 23.40.30.png

In additiont to this I keep getting crashes when I close the app and  "An error occured" message when I attempt to chancge modules within the app.

Many thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another person reported similar symptoms with LR 12:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/import-section-missing-from-file-menu/m...

but unfortunately they never followed up.

As a first troubleshooting step, make sure you've grant LR Full Disk Access (not Files And Folder) permission:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrC, bring up Preferences, select the Performance tab. Where are you placing the Camera RAW CACHE?

A screen capture of that may be informative.

Suspecting that OneDrive or some other cloud storage might be involved. This based on:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/solved-import-button-dimmed-cannot-import.29985/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply but it did nt help. I use  Onedrive CR cache is in the main drive. 

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 21.56.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ensure that LR has been granted Full Disk Access (not Files And Folders)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I keep getting crashes when I close the app and  "An error occured" message when I attempt to change modules within the app."

If resetting preferences doesn't help and LR has been granted Full Disk Access, then work through the other troubleshooting steps here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/error-changing-modules-lightroom.html

In step 3, rather than use the Creative Cloud App, use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove all traces of Adobe apps from your computer. Then reinstall:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preference file? Sometime the preferences file gets corrupted leading to buggy behavior. From the sound of your initial posting, this appears to be a brand new install, so the preference file should not have had an opportunity to get corrupted, but what if?

Note resetting or refreshing as Adobe now appears to want to state, basically involves deleting the existing preference file, then starting or restarting LrC, where upon LrC creates a new one from scratch. Be aware, doing this will cause settings in LrC preferences to return to defaults, and various settings in LrC will return to defaults. The preferences file keeps more than just what is in LrC preferences.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

Also, from this statement:

I use  Onedrive

While that was part of a sentence to indicate (and shown with a screenshot) that your CACHE is not on OneDrive, I think I should ask, is your catalog on OneDrive? Probably not the root cause, but if it is on OneDrive, that is bad.

Followup/ I just tested a new catalog on OneDrive, The catalog created behaves, it does not have your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common reason Lightroom can't import your photos is that it believes the files are already imported. When this happens, certain files will appear greyed out and cannot be imported into the catalog. To fix this, go to File Handling and uncheck the “Don't Import Suspected Duplicates” option

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common reason Lightroom can't import your photos is that it believes the files are already imported. When this happens, certain files will appear greyed out and cannot be imported into the catalog. To fix this, go to File Handling and uncheck the “Don't Import Suspected Duplicates” option

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

By @rachel25141376eupk

Look at the authors first screenshot. Author cannot bring up the import screen at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I updated to Monterey and the problem is solved. But I don't know what caused it at the first place. Big Sur is compatible with LRc and this should have not happened.

Anyway, thanks for everyone that offered their help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be a joke. I wanted to import my SD card and it has gone back to NO IMPORT state again. It gives an and I send it Adobe but I dont know any active help I can get here even if I post it here. I think I will cancel subscription in the end. Very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that you tried granting Full Disk Access and resetting preferences, as described above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. Including cleaner tool. No difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just cancelled my subscription today. I tried to talk to a customer service person, it was another joke, 4 people connected and w/o saying a word they have been all disconnected. 

View other contact options.

Today 9:45 PM

We'll connect you with an agent as soon as possible. For a faster resolution, please tell us how we can help you today. I am having technical issues and I will cancel it unless it is resolved

Nandini

Hello, I'd be happy to help you today, let me first pull up your account information and access your details.

9:45 PM Pragya

Hello, I'd be happy to help you today, let me first pull up your account information and access your details. We apologize for the disconnects. We are currently facing connectivity issue.

Nandini Hello, I'd be happy to help you today, let me first pull up your account information and access your details. We apologize for the disconnects. We are currently facing connectivity issue.

You are now connected to nitesh, who is reviewing your account. If you need to share sensitive information, such as credit card number, please wait for your agent to give you steps to share it securely.

nitesh Hello, I'd be happy to help you today, let me first pull up your account information and access your details.

While this conversation has ended, feel free to come back anytime you need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's too bad. It will be little comfort to know that even if you had successfully connected to a support person, more often than not they wouldn't have been much help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines