Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

No module option showing up

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got lightroom 4.3 but I have zero modules showing up. I  have no develop, no  library...nothing!

Also...I'm not sure what i clicked but I no longer have "file, view, etc" and I've clicked everything to try to make it reappear. I'm not new to computers. I have windows so the lightroom icon is not showing up at the left top corner so please don't tell me to click that. Appears my whole lightroom window is also too big and I have no way of minimizing it (maybe that's why I'm not seeing file,  menu, etc) so that means i can't even close down the program. I have to use ctrl alt del. I have no way of making the window smaller again. And again....I did NOT have any of the modules before this happened. I have a subscription so what's the problem?? reallly not liking lightroom at the moment. Not user friendly. I'm pretty good on photoshop. Maybe I'll stick to that unless they make something better.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for modules such as library and develop then you should have installed Lightroom Classic rather than Lightroom. Yes, there are two different versions, and Adobe picked a rather strange naming convention. Lightroom is the version that stores your images in the cloud. Lightroom Classic is the version that has the different modules, uses a local catalog and stores images locally on your computer hard drive. It's not clear what you are using before, but I think you probably want to be using Lightroom Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe Plan are you subscribing to?

perhaps one if the following:

• Lightroom Plan
  • Photography Plan
  • Other

You can verify what plan by bringing up your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, Click on your account image pic, upper right corner, click on Adobe Account.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got lightroom 4.3...

You are in the wrong forum. This is the Lightroom Classic forum. You do not have Lightroom Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're in LightRoom Classic, press F5. Or to use the menus, select Windows, Panels, Show Module Picker. I've also turned off the display of Modules along the top of the screen accidentally from time to time...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get the main menu back, press Alt W, then when the drop down menu appears, select Screen Mode, Normal. Right now, you're in Full Screen, which is why the Main Menu has disappeared. You can always access the commands on the Main Menu by using the Alt Key + F for File, Alt E for Edit, etc. (see those underlined first letters in the Main Menu? that signifies that those functions can be activated by pressing Alt, then that letter.) These features are included presumably to allow users to reclaim more screen real estate when editing, which is particularly useful on a laptop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold on a minute! You installed Lightroom 4.3. But what do you want? You indicated that you are looking for develop and library modules. What is it that you are REALLY looking for?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, no module picker. This only happens if I enable Identity Plate ->Personal. I've restarted, LRC (release 10.4), rebooted (Win10), confirmed screen mode "Normal", and "Show Module Picker" is checked. If I set Identity Plate to Adobe ID or Lightroom, without making any other changes, the Module Picker is displayed. Changing font size in Identity Plates does not resolve this either. I've also reset the interface (hold Shift+Alt while starting LRC) and this didn't fix it.

robertm17448911_0-1633558324919.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is weird! And a Preferences Reset has not fixed!

Do you see the 'Hide/ Show All' context menu if you [Right-CLick] where the module tabs should appear?

I can hide the module tabs BUT I have never seen your double-right-arrow [>>]  as in your screen-clip. Can you click on [>>]?

2021-10-07 10_54_11-No module option showing up - Adobe Support Community - 12325424 — Mozilla Firef.jpg    2021-10-07 10_54_25-Roberts Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

What does your Identity Plate Editor look like? Can you see the module titles in the editor?

2021-10-07 11_04_05-Identity Plate Editor.jpg

Have you tried changing ALL possible options in the IP Editor?

As a last resort- Backup the Catalog, Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to wipe Lr-Classic from the system and re-install.

CLEANER TOOL LINK

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.0.1, Photoshop 23.0.2, Lightroom 5.0, Bridge 12.0, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which application are you using. It appears you are using Lr (Cloud-Based).

LrC vs Lr--Information.png

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.1, LrC 11.0.1, Lr 5, Ps 23.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines