• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Photo Selected after processing image in Topaz

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to LRC 12.2 yesterday. Now, when processing an image through Topaz DeNoise or Sharpen, the screen returns to LRC with error: "No Photo Selected". The system allows me to launch the Topaz AI product (both DeNoise and Sharpen work but then return a "No Photo Selected" error in LRC after finishing and returning to LRC and it appears there has been no update to the photo in LRC).

Made sure both Topaz products were updated. Tried deleting and then reestablishing the presets, error persists.

Any suggestions or additional information I can provide to help troubleshoot? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

It's not missing, but it isn't selected when returning from DeNoise AI or Sharpen AI, there's no new copy of the photo and the Topaz edits don't appear to have transfered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not missing, but it isn't selected when returning from DeNoise AI or Sharpen AI, there's no new copy of the photo and the Topaz edits don't appear to have transfered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not stacked into original?

Not somewhere else in filmstrip due to sorting?

Did you select original photo within a folder, or within a collection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sorted elsewhere. Not stacked. I select the photo from the strip just like normal but the edits don't transfer or stay. I just finished processing over 50 photos from a trip last week and today after updating LRC it suddenly stops working like normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your film strip perhaps pointing to a collection like "Previous Import?" Or some other collection? The returned image may be in the folder but you may have a view that isn't showing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think I figured it out. Somehow, without me changing any settings the film sttrip was set to "All synced photographs" install of "all photographs." When I switched it back I was able to see all the Topaz edits.  The clue was to view the photograph "show in finder" which showed me the CR3 and TIFF photographs side by side. It appears the update automatically switched the settings for the film strip. Thanks for the hints and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so odd. At least it's sorted. I know Lightroom does often switch to an edited order which is annoying. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This helped me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you change the filmstrip setting? I'm having the same issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines