• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Presets Panel in LR 6

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently changed from PS to LR (v6.0) on Win11. No matter how I try I can't find Presets Panel or Tab. Googled it, watched lots of YouTube videos about Presets but nothing helps me to simply having that Panels available. 

There is Presets Tab in Prefereces but still there doesn't appear to be any way to have Presets Panel to show up. Is it possible to have Presets in LR 6 and how? Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is for Lightroom Classic, you seem to be using the cloud version, which is called "Lightroom", and is now at version 6.

Lightroom Classic (currently at version 12) does have a Presets panel, I don't know if Lightroom does, never used it.

If you're subscribing to one of the Photography plans, Lightroom Classic is included.

If you're subscribing to the Lightroom plan, Lightroom Classic is not included.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

See also https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to know exactly which version of Lightroom you are using. There is a Presets panel in both current versions of Lightroom, but it is in a different place. 

Do Help>System Info and post a screenshot of the first dozen lines or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for responding. I wrote at the start I'm using v 6.0. I'm pretty sure there should be Presets panel somewhere cos there is Presets Tab in Preferenses. But all drop-down menus listing available panels and tabs do NOT have Presets Panel included!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your system info as requested by @Jim Wilde .

We need to know exactly what version you're running.

It could be the old Lightroom 6 from 2015 (predecessor to Lightroom Classic), or version 6 (current) of the cloud based version of Lightroom.

Adobe's naming of the different Lightroom applications is extremely confusing.

The original Lightroom was released in 2007.

The cloud version was released in 2017, and was named "Lightroom".

The old non-cloud version was at the same time renamed to "Lightroom Classic".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I noted at the start, I use LT v 6.0. It's a perpetual version,
installed from a card purchased 4-5 years ago from Officeworks Australia.
Although there is a Presets Tab in the Edit/Preferences, the Presets
Panel/Tab does not appear in any drop-down menus, or in Windows/Panels as
if it doesn't exist at all. See attached screenshots.
I'm trying to find out if there are Presets in LR 6 at all, and if yes, as
they should be, how to enable the Presets Panel/Tab.
Tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I noted at the start, I use LT v 6.0. It's a perpetual version,installed from a card purchased 4-5 years ago from Officeworks Australia.Although there is a Presets Tab in the Edit/Preferences, the PresetsPanel/Tab does not appear in any drop-down menus, or in Windows/Panels asif it doesn't exist at all. See attached screenshots.I'm trying to find out if there are Presets in LR 6 at all, and if yes, asthey should be, how to enable the Presets Panel/Tab.Tnx
By @ssvar

You said in the beginning that you had LR 6.0 (not LT 6.0) and that is non-informative, which is why you keep getting questions. It sure would be helpful for YOU to get faster and better answers, (and helpful for US) if you provided the information requested. Also, you say you have attached screen captures, but you have not.

In the Develop Module, use the menu command Window->Panels->Presets, or Ctrl-Shift-1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about LT typo, of course, it's Lr 6.0. In Windows/Panels list there is Presets option but with preceeding Bold "-" mark, see attached screenshot. Don't know what that means but clicking on Presets does not make Presets Panel to appear, nor does Ctrl-Shift-1. I'm very confused why. I suspect there can be some other not obvious Presets Setting which needs enabling. Tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah!!! Accidentally noticed vaguely grey arrow on the very left, clicking on it DOES open the Presets Panel !

Fixed, tnanks a lot for pointing out to enable Presets in Develop Module. I was trying from Library.

Also, I did attached screenshots via Reply to email. Apparently it didn't work, and needs to be attached in this thread directly. cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the left hand panel hidden! That's where the Presets panel will be, but you have to have the whole panel showing! Press the Tab key once or two to restore the panel(s) and then you should see the Presets panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again. Realised that by accident. cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines