• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no presets present in Lightroom---new user;

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a brand new user (Lightroom Classic 11.3.1; Windows 10) and doing the tutorials. On the export/printing video, when it is mention about presets none that are shown in the video show up in my screen. Do I need to download some and install? or ???  I have attached a screen capture of what shows up when I select export.

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated

--johnCapture.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

What presets in particular are you missing? User presets are presets that the user creates and saves, so obviously as a new user you do not have any yet. I don't know by heart how many Adobe default presets there are, but as you do have some Adobe defaults all seems as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

This video tutorial by Julianne Kost covers the 'Export' topic well, and the shows (at 6.30m ) how to 'ADD' an Export Preset to the Users list. (It also includes a short description of making a file 'Rename' Preset.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAkEWfpxH7U

Export Presets are usually very specific for the Users' requirements for folder locations, etc, thus it makes sense that there are few provided by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What presets in particular are you missing? User presets are presets that the user creates and saves, so obviously as a new user you do not have any yet. I don't know by heart how many Adobe default presets there are, but as you do have some Adobe defaults all seems as expected.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, I assume that the screen he showed was what was "standard" with the installation but looking at the video again, it appears that the author of the video created and thus I need to create them myself like you said. I just assumed (bad assumption) that they would have a few but I am guessing that is not the case.

Thanks for the quick reply and I will see what I can do!

--john

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This video tutorial by Julianne Kost covers the 'Export' topic well, and the shows (at 6.30m ) how to 'ADD' an Export Preset to the Users list. (It also includes a short description of making a file 'Rename' Preset.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAkEWfpxH7U

Export Presets are usually very specific for the Users' requirements for folder locations, etc, thus it makes sense that there are few provided by Adobe.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines