• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No thumbnails or previews, Photos won't import from hard drive.

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to import photos today from the camera (to my mobile canon app). When I opened the app, it asked if I would like to sync with Lightroom. I thought sure - I'll do that. 

I then airdrop the photos I downloaded from the app to my phone - to my desktop. I do this all the time. Never have an issue.

When I launched Lightroom Classic 6 to import the image 

1)1st clue something is wrong: click on import. Usually what happens is I see a preview/thumbnail of all the new images I'd like to import. This time, it was mostly grey with no thumbnail. YET when I click on the image, it shows an image - but why won't it show the thumbnail? 

2) When I go to import the images - randomly selecting because I can't see them. At the bottom left, it shows I have one image selected. Then I click import. On the top left corner, it is "import photo" and on the main screen it shows that it is "importing file" but nothing happens. When I cancel the import, it states "no photos or videos were found to import"

3) I panic. I've never had this happen before. Not sure what is wrong so I immediately begin to google to troubleshoot the problem. Some mentioned going in and clicking off suspected duplicate files and restarting. I did that. Nothing happened. some people said to get rid of video files and restart. I did that and nothing helped. I've checked to make sure everything is up-to-date. 

4)One thing I noticed: Top left corner where it states "get started with lightroom mobile' i click on that and it is syncing addresses and faces. I've never ever seen it do this before. not sure if that's the problem BUT this has to do with mobile and I don't use the Lightroom mobile app 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Not sure what to do at this point. I want to cry because I'm frustrated and not sure what else to do. 

If anyone has resolved this problem and can help - I will be forever grateful!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What type of Computer are you using and what OS? And then what version of Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines