• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noise AI taking up to 30 minutes, with GPU !

New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

i have a windows 11 , Interl I5 2.3 GHZ, 8 GB RAM

but with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 2GB

I have raw files from Canon 6Dm2.

When i try noise reduction with AI it calculates about 30  minutes per file.

I have set preferences > performance so that it is forced to use GPU for displaying, processing and exporting, so to full usage.

Still it says 30 minutes per file.

Any tips are welcome 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denoise always runs in the GPU, it doesn't touch the rest of your system. It's not affected by LrC settings for GPU usage - even if you disable the GPU in preferences, Denoise will still use it.

It will always be slow with these older GTX-series GPUs - although 30 minutes sounds pretty extreme. I would expect somewhere between 2-5 minutes, considering that the 1050 is at the lower end of the range. Still slow, but perhaps usable.

Install a new driver from Nvidia, and make sure to install the Studio driver, not the Game Ready driver. Check "clean install" and uncheck the extra components GeForce Experience and PhysX. You don't need them.

Newer RTX-series GPUs have "Tensor" cores optimized for AI-based tasks, and that gives a whole other level of GPU performance for Denoise. A basic RTX 4060 should do this in around 10 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"Still it says 30 minutes per file."

Is this the actual time you measured or the estimated time that Denoise guesses up front?  The estimates can be off by a factor of three.

Building on D Fosse's reply, see here for user-reported Denoise times on a benchmark photo:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/my-recent-gpu-experience-gigabyte-nvidia-rtx-4070-t...

A user reported the estimated time for a 1050 Ti was 960 seconds (16 minutes), while the actual time was 305 seconds (5 minutes).  You have a slower 1050 with the minimum required 2 GB of memory, so an estimated time of 30 minutes is plausible.  (Note that the 1050 is an 8-year-old graphics processor.)

After updating to the latest graphics driver, please do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here so we can see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running and important LR options that are set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....but with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 2GB

.... When i try noise reduction with AI it calculates about 30  minutes per file.

By @serene_enigma98367

As @johnrellis and @D Fosse wrote is your graphic card not powerful enough. I have had the same problem. Until a few weeks ago I used a GTX 1050Ti with 4GB and the AI denoise reduction takes 15 - 20 minutes on RAW files of a Canon R5.

I've changed the GPU to a RTX 3060 with 12GB and the denoising is much faster at this time. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

To give some other views, I have the GTX 1050Ti 4GB version and AI Denoise takes around 2-3 min on a Canon 6D. However, it depends on the file.

Probably though the 2GB version is just a bit too slow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines