• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noise Reduction and Exposure

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After editing images in Lightroom Classic, I go to put presets that include: "no vignette", "no grain" and "noise reduction on" and when I do these, I am having an issue with both the color balance and exposure changing when there nothing in the presets to make this happen.  Wondering if anyone has a solution to this...?  I thought that it might be an update to Lightroom that was needed, but I don't see one available. I've tried adding the presets to my Lightroom again, but the problem still occurs.  Any thoughts or solutions would be appreciated.  Thank you!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you applying these presets to just one photo, or to multiple photos (Auto Sync)? A nasty new bug exists for the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is to a folder of images; however, it's not being applied via an auto-sync option.  I am selecting all of the images in the folder and running the presets on the whole group...not copying and pasting the preset with the auto-sync.  Maybe it's technically the same thing.  Maybe it's that nasty new bug affecting it all the same.  Hopefully it will be corrected in an upcoming update...?!  Thanks GoldingD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run a test as follows:

1. Select three photos of the similar scene, as so differences may be easy to see
  2. Select just one photo, accomplish something radical, say crank the exposure all the way up
  3. Now accomplish what you have been trying to do, with just this small set of three images, just one preset

Do all three all of a sudden go bonkers overexposed?

Are you sure Auto Sync is not on? Fairly sure if you select mutiple photos and want to apply an edit such as applying a oreset to all of them you need Auto Sync on, otherwise just the most selected one gets modified. Or, perhaps are you copying develop settings?

see;

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/batch-processing-with-auto-sync-not-working-as-inte...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran the test as you suggested.  You were right, auto-sync is on as it should be.  I am not coping the develop settings and applying though.  I changed one of the 3 images to a higher exposure and then selected all to run the no vignette, no grain and noise reduction on and then all 3 images were a the higher exposure as the first one when I only wanted the last three presets to be applied to all three photos.

Does this have to do with the nasty, new bug or is something else wrong?  Or maybe I am doing something wrong...I did have an employee running batch editing on my comptuer the other day so there might be something messed up from there...?  But I don't know what it would be.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the bug.Adobe Rep has acknowledged and sent it up the Adobe chain.

When? Not a clue. not an Adobe employee..

hmm, Insee a link within one of the links I listed had an error. Feedback site link is as follows:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-applying-develop-pr...

at the bottom of that posting, you will see a reply by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GoldingD -- Thank you for confirming that it is the bug with the Auto-Sync feature that is causing my issues.  I found the work around in applying the presets in the library module instead of the develop module and that works, but I will not want to use that for all of my images/folders.  I also saw that someone reverted back to 10.3 -- this is something that I may do until Adobe gets the bug fixed.  Thanks for your assistance; much appreciated!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines