• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

None Canon lenses not working with automatic profile matching

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom question: A while back, I setup lightroom to automatically set lens profile and CA corrections on import. This works fine for my Canon lenses. For my Sigma and Samyang lenses it sets the check boxes but not the make of the lens and shows an error message “Unable to locate a matching profile automatically.” The thing is, if I set the manufacturer, it automatically picks up the specific lens, and when I look at the metadata in bridge, it's there. Is this something Adobe needs to fix? Is it some setting I'm missing? Or something else?

I found two posts mentioning the same sort of issue. In one it was explained that problem had to do with the photographer saving in jpg files (I'm shoot in RAW).  In the other that the lenses were not supported.  Since the lenses are recognized once I select the brand this isn't the case either.

Camera: Canon EOS R

lenses that aren't being autodetected:

Sigma EF 150-600 C

Samyang RF 85 1.4

Windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try if it helps to set is as new default for this lens once you have selected the right one:

FMcLion_0-1651576013722.png

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't fix the problem.  I honestly, can't see that this check box actually does anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not the check box. Click on "Save new lens profile defaults".

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines