• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to import photos at all

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Lightroom Classic, i can't import any photo. There all unclickable: JPG's and Raw files. Does anybody know what's going wrong? I don't have this issue with Lightroom.

All of my Adobe programs are up to date.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your help. I followed the steps and added Lightroom Classic. But I still can't import photos 😞

Does it have anything to do with this message? It says that map '/volumes/untitled l' isn't available and that the map 'pictures' is being used. 

C24AB605-9A5A-4B3D-AE13-6ECD90CC5E48.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sonja254404630pej wrote:

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your help. I followed the steps and added Lightroom Classic. But I still can't import photos 😞

Does it have anything to do with this message? It says that map '/volumes/untitled l' isn't available and that the map 'pictures' is being used. 

No, that has nothing to do with it and does not mean you cannot import pictures. It only means that the previous destination, or a destination defined in a preset, is not available. That previous destination is a disk called 'Untitled', which strongly suggests that this is a memory card and you should not use a memory card anyway. Lightroom also does not allow it, so that would also explain the message. Select a proper destination in the destination panel on the right.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

English "The Destination Folder is not available"

What is the Destination Folder selected in the Import dialog box? Does this folder exist? Do you have write permission to this folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web browser will not show attachments here in the Adobe forums. You must use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen capture in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DD678CEC-2140-4A9A-A448-D59783DCA69A.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. Now answer the questions I asked above about your Destination folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realise that my photos are in my iCloud. Could that be the problem..? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For sure. The original image files need to be physically connected to your computer i.e. on an internal disk, external disk or NAS.

LrC cannot connect with your iCloud files.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines