Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to switch from Lightroom to Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

It's been like 4 years that I'm a pet photographer and use Lightroom and Photoshop. I always have been able to switch my picture from Lightroom to Photoshop, but now it's not working.

The "edit in Photoshop" is in gray so I'm not able to click on. 

Someone can help me please?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Lightroom (Lr icon) or Lightroom Classic (LrC icon)? What version NUMBER?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic! The last version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me the version NUMBER?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If 'Edit is Photoshop' is greyed out, then most likely the original image is missing, for example because your external image drive is offline. Lightroom can still edit the image if it has a smart preview, but Photoshop needs the original.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand it worked yesterday but now it doesn't work anymore.. and I didn't move any photos. how do i make it work now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check if the originals are online? Where do you store them? If it is on an external drive, could it be that Windows assigned a different drive letter to that drive?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really not good with computers... I store all of my photos and my catalog on my external hard drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen-clip of the Library Grid view (whole LrC window) including the photo you are trying to 'Open in Photoshop'?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ariane25626188lba9 wrote:

I'm really not good with computers... I store all of my photos and my catalog on my external hard drive. 

That does indeed sound like maybe the drive letter got changed, and so the images are missing. Do post that screenshot, and in the meantime have a look at this: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines