• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Importing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to import files in Lightroom Classic, Lightroom for some reason is not seeing the files either on the SD Card or on my external Hardrive.  I'm not sure what to do? Help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic and of your Operating System. We need version NUMBERs and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date". What camera make and model took these photos?

Does your question mean that when you go to import, no photo thumbnails appear in the Import dialog box?? Please show us a screen capture of the ENTIRE Import dialog box. Use the "Insert Photos" icon to show us the screen capture; do not attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your promp replies.  Currently my OS is Catalina 10.15.7 and my Lightroom Classic Version is 10.3

And I've been attempting to import image from SD cards from either my Canon 6D or 5D Mk4.   In the past when importing into Lightroom I've kept the catalog in a folder in Pictures on my System Hardrive while keeping all the images on an external drive.  And it was never a problem to import the images from my memory cards to my external drives via Lightroom.  Then today a collegue told me that I should keep my catalog within the same folder that I keep the files (images) for that catalog.  I created a new catalog within the same folder as my images and this time it worked.  I would appreciate any thoughts on top of this discussion.

Thanks,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then today a collegue told me that I should keep my catalog within the same folder that I keep the files (images) for that catalog. I created a new catalog within the same folder as my images and this time it worked. I would appreciate any thoughts on top of this discussion.

Not necessary. I would say most people don't do this. And it has a major drawback, that the disk where your catalog is stored usually has less space (and less free space) than other disks.

Please try the instructions from @GoldingD , and if that doesn't work, please respond to my 2nd paragraph above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see in the footer of your posting that you have a MAC.

So, if your MACOS is Catalina (10.15) or newer, then new Apple Cyber Security may be the issue. You probably overlooked an inquiry, selected default no, when you should have chosen yes when prompted to allow Lightroom Classic access.

see;

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines