• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not seeing DNG after running Enhanced Details

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot with an X-T2 and use the Enhance Details. However when I run the Enhanced Details, I can see the loading bar running and when it completes I don't see the DNG file it should create.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Hi Per,

I think I have worked it out. I completely forgot that the drive that I am saving to doesn't have write permissions for this account I am using. When I tried to create an enhanced dng using a different file path it worked fine.

Sorry to waste your time.

Kidn regards,

yannick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom, what operating system? Is the RAF compressed raw?

Have you tried filtering by file type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi john,

Thanks for reaching out.

I am using compressed raw and the LR version is 10.2. I have filtered by File Type but no luck seeing the file.

Cheers,

yannick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Sort order is set to Added order, the enhanced file will be at the end of the Library.

Make sure it is set to File name, and the enhanced file should appear next to the original.

You do this in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. If you can't see it, press T.

You can also use the menu command View > Sort.

LR-sort-order.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Per,

I'm afraid I don't see the DNG after filtering and scrolling to the end. I have even reinstalled LR Classic incase there was a corruption.

Kind regards,

yannick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just don't think LR is actually generating the DNG at all. It seems to be generating it but nothing comes through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the enhanced file is generated, there will be a progress bar in the top left corner of the screen. Do you see that?

The enhanced file will have -Enhanced appended to the file name. Do a search for that in the filter bar.

You can also try a search using the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Per,

I think I have worked it out. I completely forgot that the drive that I am saving to doesn't have write permissions for this account I am using. When I tried to create an enhanced dng using a different file path it worked fine.

Sorry to waste your time.

Kidn regards,

yannick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines