• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not showing presets with special characters, maybe that's the problem?

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought legit presets and workflow from an American photographer to use in LR. I'm still working with CC classic 7.5. The strange thing is that all the folders that I have unzipped and imported are visible with a - in the name. But the preset folder that has // in the title is changed to a _ when unzipped.
I've tried every folder in roaming and then put them there separately, because Windows 10 doesn't allow renaming. There should be no prohibited characters in file names. Who can tell me how to solve this? I've already contacted the photographer, but he says it's an Adobe Issue because all other presets without // are installed properly. Thanks in advance. Greetings Angelique from Holland.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because:

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw this too, but don't know how or what I have to change,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I think that LrC when importing presets does not necessarily use the file name for the preset name, it uses info internal to the preset code for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. But what code do you mean? It;s the same .xmp file as the rest of the presets. Some sets of that photographer without // in the name LrC sees right away and 9 times out of 10 it doesn't shows this specific folder with // in the title and very occasionally it does. All folders are stored in the same place, so I really don't understand it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

link fails

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's working for me, but the forum software is undergoing updates so probably the cause. Here's the solution given at that post.

That happens with my Windows LR 7.3.1 too, but not on Mac. Edit the .lrtemplate file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and replace "/" with "-" in the two occurrences of "Yellow / Pink". Then import the edited file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines