• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not synchronizing

Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to synchronize a folder that has already been imported by right-clicking and choosing "Synchronize Folder" which pops up a dialog listing a total of 12430 new photos (its a big folder). When I click on "Synchronize" it scans and displays that is is importing. But after the process is complete, still under the folders tab displays the amount of images I had to begin with.
If I sync again, it displays still 12430 new photos found. I have tried new library with only this folder, also resetting warning prompts. Nothing seems to sync this folder with the new images found...
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you synchronize a folder LrC with add the image files to your Lightroom Catalog file. The actual image files will remain in the folder. No new image files will be created.

The Lightroom Catalog file is a data based file that contain info about where the image files are located and the edits you make to the images. Your Catalog does not contain image files.

What you are experiencing is by design.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. I think I may not have had clear communication. I have tried to isolate the problem create a new Lightroom catalog to see if there was a problem with the syncing folder, or the catalog that I had been using. In both these instances, the folder is not synchronizing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. I had to Turn off treat raw and JPEG separately in preferences.
Click on show import dialog; unclick don't import suspected duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(never mind)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines