• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not uploading raw photos in current Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked before, but now I can't seem to upload the photos into Lightroom Classic. I made sure the default app is for Lightroom Class, and still no good. I have repaired all the programs, still not uploading. What the heck is wrong and how do I fix it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic do you have?

What version NUMBER of your operating system do you have?

What is the exact error message that you get when you want to Import (not "upload") your photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Adobe Creative Cloud that upgrades when upgrades are available, so whatever the latest version is, I have it.

I have Windows 10.

As for the error messages, see the attached.

As for the camera, I import from a file on my computer, not from the camera itself. I upload from the SD card to the computer. The camera is a Canon 6D. 

I hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Adobe Creative Cloud that upgrades when upgrades are available, so whatever the latest version is, I have it.

I have Windows 10.

As for the error messages, see the attached.

As for the camera, I import from a file on my computer, not from the camera itself. I upload from the SD card to the computer. The camera is a Canon 6D. 

I hope this helps. 

By @doncow

People say they have the latest LrC and sometimes they are wrong; the app does not update LrC properly, and so that's why we ask for the version NUMBER. Words like "up-to-date" or "latest" are not informative.

Please include the attachments via clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon, as my web browser will not show me attachments here at the Adobe forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..in addition: What is the source / type of camera of the photos?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you placed the photos on a cloud storage, specifically OneDrive. Wondering if a connectivity issue is occurring. Also, wondering if their is a file permission issue going on between LrC and your OneDrive. What happens if you place them on an actual hard drive in or connected to your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that, but my OneDrive is also available on my computer, so I don't know why it wouldn't be available to Lightroom. I'll let you know shortly, Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you so much. I can now complete my work though I hope they fix it so that I can use my OneDrive that is on my computer rather than copying, pasting, copying back and pasting back. Oh well, small price to pay. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally OneDrive should work for storing the photos on.Probably not a Adobe problem, more likely something involving the OS and the cloud share, perhaps a permission. You may want to google on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem with OneDrive and other cloud storage like that is that it offloads the files behind the scenes and they will not actually be physically present on your hard disk but just an empty shell of the file. This will break apps that need direct access to the image file like Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines