Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Notification for Update, but CC Shows no Update Needed

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I frequently have issues updating Adobe apps.  I will get a notification to update, but when I go to the CC app, it shows all apps are up to date.  A good example of this is when Lightroom implemented the new Subject/Sky detection masking in an update. I knew it was available as everyone was using it, yet Creative Cloud Desktop said there was no update despite everytime I opened LR/PS I got a notification saying there was one. In addition, there were no ways that I could see to manually update. It took 3 tries to uninstall and reinstall to finally get the update.   

Ive been ignoring the update notifications since: however, I know right now theres a preset slider in an update recently, and Ive yet to be able to use it because of above.  Why is this happening? Is there a fix? Do I have to really uninstall and reinstall every time??  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA), in the left column, click on Updates, then upper right second row, click on check for updates.

2. If not, then in ACCDA sign out then sign in.

P.S. in ACCDA, click on Help, then About Creative Cloud. version 5.7.1.1 correct?

Additional P.S, in ACCDA, mouse hover over the text Lightroom Classic, what version?

ahh, and see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Yea thats one of the first things I tried, is to force check updates. 

I have signed in and out, I have even gone so far is to make a new account under a new email, get a new trial of the all apps package, sign in and still says its up to date. This is despite knowing there is an update for the preset slider in Lightroom. So, its yet to be installed on my machine. 

5.7.0.1307 is the CC desktop app version
Lightroom version is 11.0.1  

I think the current Lightroom Classic version is 11.4? 

*edit  Just did the OPM.db removal and still did not work.  I really do not want to  have to reinstall every app every time I want it to update. Whats the deal here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version is 11.4.1 You can check the version you have installed from Help > System Info

The notifications can be turned off in the CC App Preferences (see below screenshot)

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5.7.0.1307 is the CC desktop app version

Wonder if that is the issue.

You mentioned uninstall/reinstall, did that refer to the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App?

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

and of course, you then need:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its interesting that the desktop app itself says its up to date too, yet there is a new version out.  I have done a full uninstall and reinstall of the apps and the CC desktop app in the past, but Im beginning to think I need to do a full wipe. Which I really dont want to do, that will take time I dont have with client edits I need to do hah! 

But Ill do another ACCDA reinstall and see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines