Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Old develop presets don’t import correctly

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some develop presets that are favorites, but they are old... like from 2016 & 2017. They are in the file format .ltrtemplate. I can't get light room 10.3 classic to recognize them and change them to .xmp files. They won't import at all. They used to work just fine! This is very annoying. Can anyone help???

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

lrtemplate file format doesn't support Lightroom Classic anymore. Check out the following discussion and try the offered suggestions: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/how-to-convert-lrtemplate-to-xmp/m-p/8693242

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mohit, I've now got all the old develop presets into the new .xmp format and saved to an area outside of Lightroom. But now I have another problem:

I have five Lightroom Catalogs (all are updated to the latest version or created in the latest version). I imported all of those saved .xmp develop presets into two of the catalogs without difficulty. (Those are old catalogs updated to the latest version of Lightroom). But two new catalogs, recently created in Lightroom 10.3, won't import some of the .xmp presets. I keep getting the message, "Unable to import presets. All items were already imported". Yet nothing shows up in my presets panel. It's weird how some of the presets import easily into both of my newly created catalogs but the other presets won't go into either catalog... can you please help???

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The developer presets are not stored in the catalog file. Once they are imported, they are imported for all catalogs.

The XMP files are stored on the hard drive in the same folder that Acobe Camera Raw uses. On Windows, this is at

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\

Now if you have turned on the option that says "store presets with the catalog", this does throw a monkey wrench into things.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines