• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OM-1 Lens Correction

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my EM1 M II and all olympus lenses under Profile it states Built inLens Profile Applied. Yet the same lens on the om-1 does not apply the built in profile. Why not?

I am using the latest version of LR downloaded yesterday on a Windows 10 platform.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not about the lens, it is about the camera, and what agreement was accomplished between Adobe and the camera manufacture as to how to handle this.

/edit/ after doing some experimenting, I see that I am answering the wrong question. It is not why you cannot see specific lenses, it is why no correction occurs for the second camera listed. Will have to experiment more.

Followup/

So two images, both of just the Lens corrections panel, first EM1 M II, second OM-1, sourced off the web.

EM1 M IIEM1 M II

OM-1OM-1

Note that in the OM-1, a Profile is listed as Camera Settings, does this mean from in camera settings? What it does not state is some Adobe profile. (oh, and if you do not select an OM-1 image, and you scroll thru profiles, nada for Olympus)

I suspect, both instances are using in camera corrections passed to LrC, but the presentation of that is different, In the case of the OM-1, you get to see what lens, as opposed to a general statement of Built in lens Profile applied.

Note that when I go hunting around in my computer fro lens profiles for Olympus, nothing is found, Oh some camera profiles, but no lens profiles, So completely via in camera??

Below is a sample via Nikon D850 (not mine)

D-850D-850

In that case, an Adobe Profile, one you can find in your computer, placed  by Adobe installs.there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When the Lens Corrections panel shows "Built-in Lens Profile applied", that means that the camera has embedded a lens profile in the raw file and that the manufacturer is telling LR that it should always be applied -- there is no possibility of disabling it within LR.

When the panel instead shows "Profile: Camera Settings", that means the camera has embedded a lens profile in the raw file, but the manufacturer has also included instructions allowing the embedded profile to be disabled.

As mentioned by GoldingD, these decisions about which embedded lens profiles can be disabled are made by the manufacturer, not Adobe.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines