• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Backed Up Catalog Not Showing Edits

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've backed up my clients RAWS, exports and catalogs to my NAS and remove them from my local computer when I'm done and files have been delivered.

I've just had a client request an adjustment to a photo. I've downloaded their backed up folder with the original RAW's, XMP's and Catalog alongside it, however when I reopen the catalog the edits I made do not show. All the photos are at zero on the sliders, no edits on anything.

I should point out the Lightroom didn't seem happy on the reopen. Crashed a couple of times and repaired the catalog which wasn't entirely unusual. It opened stabely in the end though.

I pointed the catalog to the new folder under library/folders and the collections are intact, flags and ratings but not my edits.

I'm quite sure I've downloaded client folders off my NAS before and the edits still show, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Any ideas?

I hope I don't have a bunch of backed up client folders with lost edits. That would be a shame.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Ok so when I looked under Develop/History, the second to last entry has the edit for each photo. If I ever need to export a whole wedding again though it would be a royal pain in the a*** to go through hundreds of photos to reselect the previous historical edit.

I'm glad they're still there but any ideas how to rectify that for any future needs?

Many thanks.

[modified "language" used - Mod]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Ok so when I looked under Develop/History, the second to last entry has the edit for each photo. If I ever need to export a whole wedding again though it would be a royal pain in the a*** to go through hundreds of photos to reselect the previous historical edit.

What was the most recent entry? Can you show us a screen capture? (Use the "Insert Photos" icon, do not attach files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I got it wrong, the first entry is fine, however it hasn't applied to the photos unless I click on it. Image below before clicking;

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 10.18.45 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow, probably accidentally, you did a Paste Settings to all of these photos, resulting in all sliders at zero.

Most likely, this did not happen with any of your other catalogs, and so it shouldn't happen in the future. If you open other catalogs, the edits should appear and the sliders should not all be at zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks.

I would be inclined to agree, however if you look at the image I posted
again, you'll see I'm hovered over the last paste settings option and that
is my actual edit- hence the edited image in the preview window top left.

It's a mystery.

Anyhow, I've sorted my original problem and hopefully this isn't an issue
in future.

Who knows why this happened!

Kind regards,
Luke

Sent from mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines