Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening the masking panel throws an internal error

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Support Community,

I've been trying to wrap my head around an error message that is shown each and every time I open the new masking module:

An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value)

Regardless what masking tool I open, Lightroom throws this error. I tried disabling the active plugins but that did not seem ot help. I suspect this is somehow related to a publishing service/plugin, though I tried deactivating/removing each altogether and still no luck.

I'm on Win 10, runnning the latest version of Lightroom Classic (11.4.1). Screenshot and system info attached, should they prove helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kristof

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Thabjs Sean, this seemed like a viable path, still no joy, though. What I've tried so far:

- I removed all publishing services as well as the plugins, restarted Lightroom = same issue

- I downloaded the publishing service's plugin, did a fresh install and configuration, clicked on "Sync Now" twice afterwards. Sync finihes without any issues. Same error message when I open the Masking module.

After fiddling with the midi2lr plugin which lets me use a basic MIDI controller with Lightroom, I was abl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off the GPU in Edit>Preferences>Performance make a difference? You could also try resetting preferences. The option becomes visible in Edit>Preferences>General when you hold the Alt key. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sean,

Thanks for the swift suggestions.

I already tried resetting my preferences and that did not help either. Unfortunately, I still get the same error message after I disable the GPU acceleration (and restart Lightroom).

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the graphics card drivers up to date? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SeanMcCormack wrote:

Are the graphics card drivers up to date? 

Author included a attachment showing Sys Info. From that:

Graphics Processor Info: 

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (31.0.15.1693)

so, v516.93, at NVIDIA that is the latest Studio driver for the RTX 2070 Super,  Windows 64 bit, oddly Game Ready is 515.59.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well @GoldingD as I don't personally keep track of the version number of each and every graphics card driver, I simply asked in a form that the OP can access easily. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new temporary catalog and add a few images, does it still happen there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, yes. Still no joy, same internal error when I open the masking tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that the internal error code is meant to be caught before it actually displays. Does this post help at all?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/an-internal-error-occurred-0-attempt-to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thabjs Sean, this seemed like a viable path, still no joy, though. What I've tried so far:

- I removed all publishing services as well as the plugins, restarted Lightroom = same issue

- I downloaded the publishing service's plugin, did a fresh install and configuration, clicked on "Sync Now" twice afterwards. Sync finihes without any issues. Same error message when I open the Masking module.

After fiddling with the midi2lr plugin which lets me use a basic MIDI controller with Lightroom, I was able to narrow down the issue to my plugin configuration. I haven't found the exact culprit just yet but it's safe to say it's something with this plugin.

I'll take this up with the plugin's developer but thanks a lot for your swift help and suggestions!

Best,
Kristof

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be related to changes in the SDK for hardware integration for Masking. Good luck with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue in a M1 Mac Mini (Monterey), I also use a X Touch Mini with midi2lr.. did you find a solution?
It's really pi****g me off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out to be a bug with the latest release (5.4.0.0). Downgrading to a previous release solves the issue.

The developer is aware and will release a fix in one of the future releases:

https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/discussions/661#discussioncomment-3005897

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool! I'll try it, thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines