Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Order of edited photos

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I do a lot of edits in Photoshop from photos I have in Lightroom. I do real estate photography, so I often have 3 or 4 photos to composite from. I select all of them in Lightroom and use the "Open as Layers in Photoshop..." command. I then do my editing in Photoshop and, after saving as PSD, the new file shows in Lightroom.

My only question is regarding the order in which the new file shows up in Lightroom, which is always in the middle of the original group of photos (if there are 4 photos originally, the PSD will show up third). I was wondering if there's an automatic way to place the PSD before the group of originals, instead of in the middle. Can this be done?

It's nothing major, but it would definitely simplify my system.

If you have a similar method and deal with this a different way, I would love to hear how you do it.

Thank you so much,

Rui

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not select all of the files, click on the PSD to make it most selected, and then use CTRL/CMD G to stack them together. Then use the S key to expand and collapse the stack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Todd. Plus, if you have the box checked as below, after working on the image it will automatically stack the image(s).

2021-07-06_08-31-43.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it. I didn't have that option on, but now I do 🙂

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,

That makes sense. It's way simpler than what I was after.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines