• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Original file name

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to find the original file name. Previous posts say it will appear under file name if metadata display is set to "EXIF and IPTC" Does not show when I do this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

And you version of LrC is...?  Previous versions (I don't remember which) only stored an 'Original FileName' if you only renamed the file AFTER importing. If the Import dialog renamed files in the import dialog, then the re-name became the 'FileName', and the Original FileName field was blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

With a CUSTOM Default metadata preset you can view the "Preserved File Name" which saves the correct filename if you Rename DURING Import.  

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 4.02.20 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've check this and I see the original file name  (point 2 in the screenshot) in the Metadata panel. Make sure that you have set the Exif and ITPC options in the lust (point 1 in screenshot). Make also sure that you don't have choose a preset. Set "None" in the appropriate list (point 3 in the screenshot).

2023-04-12 19_08_36-Bilder-2-2-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Bibliothek.png

The sreenshot is from a German version of Lightroom.

if you have check and the file name is still not showing, please try to reset the preferences to the default settings.

Reset Procedure:

• Close Lightroom.
  • Windows: Hold down [Alt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
  • Mac: Hold down [Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
  • Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
  • Close Lightroom.
  • Restart Lightroom.

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you version of LrC is...?  Previous versions (I don't remember which) only stored an 'Original FileName' if you only renamed the file AFTER importing. If the Import dialog renamed files in the import dialog, then the re-name became the 'FileName', and the Original FileName field was blank.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous versions (I don't remember which) only stored an 'Original FileName' if you only renamed the file AFTER importing.

By @Rob_Cullen

I don't think there's ever been an change here. In other words - LR only stores or displays an 'Original FileName' if you renamed the file AFTER importing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With a CUSTOM Default metadata preset you can view the "Preserved File Name" which saves the correct filename if you Rename DURING Import.  

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 4.02.20 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines