• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Over 2,000 images are tagged with keyword "BADNAMES" but I don't know why.

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally imported some photos from a hard drive that I had retired. I had previously moved those images to a new hard drive (correctly, using lightroom to do the moving).

Now I have about 2,200 images that are tagged only with the keyword "BADNAMES". I alway tag with keywords and never "BADNAMES", so that's something LR did. 

I think but I am not sure that all the images tagged with "BADNAMES" are duplicates.

Before I mess with this further, can someone tell me what is the significance of BADNAMES appearing as a keyword?

LR Classic 12.1  MBP M1 MacOS Ventura (latests)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know a reason for the "BADNAMES" kw to be added to the images. I can only suggest the way you might remove it from all images-

In the Keyword List panel:  [Right-Click] the kw and choose [Delete].

Or, if you want to remove it from 'Selected' images only in Grid view-

In the Keyword List panel:

-Click the arrow to the right of the kw

2023-01-30 07_56_58-.jpg

-Select images

-Click on the box to the left of the kw (to remove the check mark)

2023-01-30 07_57_21-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg  (The prompt is misleading! when it says "add this kw" )

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines