Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed LR 6 on new machine. I can't activate it unless deactivated on other machine. So on other machine I did "Sign out". There is a message - "it will deactivate LR on this machine" - I clicked OK. Still can't activate. On my Adobe account there is nothing under Plans and payment->Activated devices.

So haw can I use a product on new machine? I know LR 6 is quite old, but still it is something I purchuased and I want to use.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 6.14 (perpetual).

What does this mean?

• Installers, one-on-one technical support, security fixes, and bug fixes are not available for perpetual license versions. User to user led support is available through our Adobe Support Community.

For the latest updates and fixes please subscribe to a Photography, Lightroom, or Creative Cloud plan. Please be aware that there are two versions of Lightroom today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

This is a reminder that the Download Availability for Lightroom 6.14 is fast approaching. Please be sure to download it before December 31, 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 508 Replies 508
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have LR 6 any more, but I think the Sign Out command is under the Help Menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, in the LR6 application, under the menu item help, I found a sign-out with my email after it.   And you get a message that says: You are currently signed in with xxxx.com   Signing out allows you to activate your Adobe products on another computer or device in accordance with the Software License Agreemet.  Make sure you are connected to the internet before you sign out.   Signing out would deactivate the following sofware on this machine unless you sign in again.      Yeah!! exactly what i was looking for to help me move back and forth between three computers with only two signed in at one time!!   Thanks so much for your response and help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the computer you are deactivating or activating has to be connected online and you have to sign on to your Adobe account so the Adobe server can complete the process.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The Adobe account Sign in or sign out step is accomplished through opening the LR 6 application and using the help drop down menu on Windows 10?   Or do you do it somewhere else like explorer or the Adobe application manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Lately, we ran across a lot of queries around the activation and deactivation of the Creative Cloud apps and other Adobe software. We understand the process can be confusing, however, it's definitely not burdensome. Below shared are a few helpful articles that will help you understand the process:

Find information on Activating products like Creative Cloud, Acrobat DC & CS6, and earlier:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

You might run into a very common error ' Activation limit reached ' while using Creative Cloud, please see this link to solve the error:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/activation-limit-reached-creative-cloud.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivate does not appear in the Help menu of Lightroom 6 and yet I'm asked to deactivate a prior installation before I can finish installing a new installation. Where is the Deactivate option located? Every other Adobe product I've used has Deactivate located under Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply use the uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR6 , just sign out. The standalone version of LR6 has (for the first time) activation.

You will find it under Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Kept looking for the word deactivate as a result Sign Out never registered as deactivate.

Dick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct. I am just installing my new laptop and to find out how to keep using my LR6 I signed in (stupid) and now I learned that if ever I sign out again, the product is deactivated. What will happen when I am not connected to Internet, remains to be seen. I do not like the obscurity of the Adobe user instructions. It is as if the people making them were from another reality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late 2012 Mac Mini running OSX 10.14.6 crashed. Bad mainboard.

So I cannot use this Mac Mini to deactivate LR6 in order to migrate to another Late 2012 Mac Mini running OSX 10.14.6 which I've kept for just such an event.

Who at Adobe can deactivate LR6 on my doorstop and how do I reach out to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to contact Adobe (community members are not Adobe), typically by starting a chat, then asking for a phone call. Make sure to request a deactivation only no tech support, stress both, as Adobe will not give tech support for old, ancient v6, but they can accomplish a deactivate at their servers.

Typically start the chat by bringing up an Adobe web page, and clicking on contact.

If they tell you to bring up this web site, kindly state, the members informed you that doing so was incorrect. Be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@VE7AQ  You may be able to send a Private Message to @CMass  who provided a Correct answer in this thread, and has been helpful for others.

Or-

Begin a secure chat session at-
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.

If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device, a different computer, smartphone, or tablet to begin the interaction.

You need to be logged in with this forum. Your browser must allow cookies.

You must NOT ask for "Support". Only request an "Activation Reset"

You will need you Serial Number for v6 (AND any previous versions if v6 was an upgrade for you)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I used those exact words and the whole process took about 9 minutes.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Lightroom 6 on one laptop for qutie a while, decided to also install it on the second laptop I got later on. And now on both laptops I get the deactivate other install message. So I sign out on my other laptop and try to activate. No go. I do the same thing visa versa. No Go.

So on both laptops I get this deactivate message to activate my serial. All in all it means I can't use this product anymore after 30 days which i bought and paid for.

Adobe what is the solution here, and no I'll not buy two licenses. I just want to sign out of one and sign in with the other. That's all.

Thank you and best,

Rolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rolfs,

You can install and activate one license on two systems at time, however there should be one machine in a use at a time, please refer the below troubleshooting article and perform the steps on one machine and activate the software.

Advanced solutions to connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

Once, you done with the first machine, perform the same steps on another, if you get any specific or different message, do let us know.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the quick reply, but this is not a connectivity issue. I can connect fine with all internet services including Adobe. The problem here is, it doesn't recognize that I already signed out of the other installation when I try to activate it on the other laptop.

Now this problem applies to both machines, because the on I initially activated it on also claims the serial is in use. You see the problem  here. I'm locked out of my serial all together.

Sign out apparently is not being registered as, this serial is not in use at the moment. Which means my license can't be used at all now. So I need a way to get one of the lightroom installations to accept my serial activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd again like Adobe staff to seriously look at this problem and not send me to some generic FAQ that is not related to this issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For activation issue problems, you need to contact Live Chat at Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Live Chat at Contact Customer Care can help, checked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is adobe support? This is a legitimate problem that still has not been solved. Please adobe provide a solution. I;m faced with two installs getting the same "retry activation" screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with LR6 not CC version. Adobe help us, please

Re: How do I deactivate one computer from Lightroom 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum. Really, the best option is to use live chat feature available at the following website. From what I understand, you don't want to try  telephone support. It has been outsourced and it's not very reliable.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@VE7AQ  You may be able to send a Private Message to @CMass  who provided a Correct answer in this thread, and has been helpful for others.

Or-

If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device, a different computer, smartphone, or tablet to begin the interaction.

You will need you Serial Number for v6 (AND any previous versions if v6 was an upgrade for you)

I tried these exact steps this week and was told I needed to buy the cloud version, and they offered me a "discount" of $99. 

I had to update my compuer due to component failure and lost access to my stand-alone Lightroom 6 product in the process. I did pm Careeesa, so hopefully that will pan out, she's literally my last chance at this point. I've tried calling, the chat feature, etc, no love.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or-

I tried these exact steps this week and was told I needed to buy the cloud version, and they offered me a "discount" of $99. 

I had to update my compuer due to component failure and lost access to my stand-alone Lightroom 6 product in the process. I did pm Careeesa, so hopefully that will pan out, she's literally my last chance at this point. I've tried calling, the chat feature, etc, no love.

By @Mystifah

It is a known problem with some chat agents, that they do not follow the correct guidance in such cases. Old software is not supported (standard guidance), except for activation count resets. Adobe customer care can reset the activation count, and they will do it for legit requests. So if you get anything different than an activation count reset, ask to get transferred to a superior.  I strongly recommend everyone, to stay friendly, however.

See here for a full account on activation count reset request: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/activation-support-to-adjust-your-activa...

(You can for this replace the product CS6 Master Collection with Lr6. The situation is similar).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines