• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Adobe Email concerning old accounts.

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I received this email today and wanted to check it's validity. I'm usually fairly good at seeing through these things but this one I need to check. I have had the Photographers subscription for a number of years now, having used about 75mb of my 20gb, which is why it seems odd!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

This is a valid email. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

I reached out to our server team, and they said the email was based on account status from earlier this month.  They confirmed this data housekeeping effort will not affect anyone who is currently subscribed, including long-term or recent subscribers.

Also, some users have multiple accounts.  Again, only accounts that have had no subscription for over a year will be affected, and any currently subscribed account will not be touched.

Users that want to retrieve photos from cloud storage befor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a valid email. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So this relates to an old account then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would likely concern the email address (Adobe ID) that the email was sent to. Many people have more than one Adobe ID they've used over the years. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I just received a mail from Adobe stating that my cloud storage will be deleted in 30 días, due to the fact that I do not have an active subscription plan:

Rstehr_1-1643025916246.png

But I do have a plan since 2019, that includes 20Gb of cloud storage:

Rstehr_2-1643025995327.png

What should I do?

Regards,

Rainer Stehr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that this is another account (another email address)? Maybe something you created as test? Otherwise please contact Adobe in your country.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, for your response.

The email account is exactly the same as the one used with the subscription.

I contacted Adobe support via chat. After some questions and revisions from his part, he assured me that the account is OK and I should discard the mail as an error of some kind. Well, I hope so. (No explanation on why I received it.)

Regards,

Rainer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Carlos. I thought the same as you, but Adobe confirmed me that the mail is indeed legit.

In any case, I do not fall for it, 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have suscribed to Lightroom mobile plan and have been using it for a week now. However, I got a mail today mentioning that my content will be deleted in 30 days since my plan doesn't have cloud storage, which is absurd since my lightroom mobile plan does come with a 100 GB of cloud storage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached out to our server team, and they said the email was based on account status from earlier this month.  They confirmed this data housekeeping effort will not affect anyone who is currently subscribed, including long-term or recent subscribers.

Also, some users have multiple accounts.  Again, only accounts that have had no subscription for over a year will be affected, and any currently subscribed account will not be touched.

Users that want to retrieve photos from cloud storage before they're deleted, please use this free tool (a subscription is not required to use this): https://lightroom.adobe.com/lightroom-downloader 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email from Adobe stating that I have not had a subscription that includes cloud storage for over a year, and my Lightroom cloud contents will be deleted in 30 days. However, I am on a Photography Plan that includes 20 GB cloud storage. There doesn't seem to be a customer service chat service or email. How can I find out what is going on? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe provides support through the Chat function on the contact page or through a phone call. There is no email support.

CHAT: Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. Disable any ad, pop-up, or script blockers.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.
LinSims_0-1628856392489.jpeg
If that doesn't work, try this link, which opens a chat window directly:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

PHONE: You can also search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same, Photography Plan (UK), 2 emails now in fact; that I'm not alone... Adobe need to get their act together!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@TAGM wrote:

I've had the same, Photography Plan (UK), 2 emails now in fact; that I'm not alone... Adobe need to get their act together!

I chatted with a customer service agent and he assured me that everything was fine and it was probably a phishing email. However, the email address looks pretty legit to me, and it didn't ask you to enter any account details. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines