Exit

P: Crash/Hang when Android Device is connected

Participant ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Hoping some "techy" type can help me...

I have Windows 7 Home Pro 64-bit OS and the 64-bit version of LR.  When I first installed LR it was operating as expected.  Lately (the last month or so) when I go to import from my camera (Canon via a usb cord or via the card reader) will crash and say that the program has encountered an error and needs to close.

This is SERIOUSLY impacting my life and I need to get it worked out.

I was hoping to get on with adobe support but they are closed on Sunday.

Anyone?  Thanks in advance!

Debi

Message was edited by: ibarrien - added Android device to title

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you downloaded the latest update? I did last night and it seems as if the issue with the connected cell phone is gone. At least it was for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue dating back to Lightroom v3.x.  The fix is on the smartphone not with the LR software. See my other replies.  Someone also answered this earlier in the conversation thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Running the latest version of Lightoom in a Windows 10 OS with an i7 chip and 8Gb RAM. Here are the things I've tried:

1. Installing latest version of LR CC
  2. Renaming cache & program folders
  3. Signed out of Creative Cloud & then back in.
  4. Defragging HD
  5. Updated NVidia Graphics card
  6. Unplugged all devices except my Lacie external HD
  7. Unplugged Lacie HD and tried importing from internal HD

Result? Still crashing on import. Side note, downloaded Capture One Pro 9 trial version. My entire Lightroom Catalogue imported and its working. Seriously considering cancelling Creative Cloud Subscription. What's the deal Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Running the latest version of Lightoom in a Windows 10 OS with an i7 chip and 8Gb RAM. Here are the things I've tried:

1. Installing latest version of LR CC
  2. Renaming cache & program folders
  3. Signed out of Creative Cloud & then back in.
  4. Defragging HD
  5. Updated NVidia Graphics card
  6. Unplugged all devices except my Lacie external HD
  7. Unplugged Lacie HD and tried importing from internal HD

It sure seems like you haven't even read and tried the solution provided in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I see in this thread is unplugging my smartphone but I don't have a smartphone plugged in. What solution are you referring to? I've read all the posts and don't see what you are seeing. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to the solution in replies 10 and 24.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. Since my issue isn't related to a smartphone and importing I suppose I'll leave this thread. My apologies. Thanks for trying to help - happy new year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2022 and the issue is still here. I need to keep reminding myself to unplug the phone each time I want to import something from my sd card reader. I don't want to keep doing MPT each and every time. This is still a prob with LR classic 5.7 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines