• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edit In PS sends unedited file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to the most recent version of LR Classic. Now when I try and export an edited & cropped image to Photoshop, only the original unedited, un cropperd image is exported. This ruins my workflow completely.   Mac OS 12.0.1, LR Classic 2021 v11.1 , Photoshop 2021   22.5.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

I thought that a similar issue was reported, but I cannot find it to confirm. Solution was, I think, to replace a faulty install of the Camera RAW used by PS.

You might want to verify in PS the version of Camera RAW in use, even if you absolutely know you updated to v14, even though Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App states as such.

You might also want to consider the PS preference file, is it corrupted.

Oh, and in the LrC preferences, under External Editors, is the correct version of PS sho

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export? Or Edit In ... ?

If you mean Export, since you set it more than once, most likely your setting in the Export dialog box under Image Format has been set to Original, which doesn't sound like what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I meant Edit In

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file type is this – raw file or rendered file (tiff or jpg) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If files are direct from my camera, they are Raw. In this case Sony. Other times Leica. In the past with older versions, it did not matter which type of file. But fun this case I was trying to edit photos I had just shot.
The issue is 'Edit In Photoshop’ ….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that a similar issue was reported, but I cannot find it to confirm. Solution was, I think, to replace a faulty install of the Camera RAW used by PS.

You might want to verify in PS the version of Camera RAW in use, even if you absolutely know you updated to v14, even though Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App states as such.

You might also want to consider the PS preference file, is it corrupted.

Oh, and in the LrC preferences, under External Editors, is the correct version of PS shown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks !!!!   It was the Camera Raw Plug In, didn't see the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Odd, previous PS  updates resulted in Camera RAW getting updated even if you did not click on it to do so. Sort of magically occurred. So a change by Adobe in the Creative Cloud Desktop App. I noticed that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to revise my previous post ...  I've updated to the most recent version of LR Classic. Now when I try 'Edit In Photoshop' an edited & cropped image to Photoshop, only the original unedited, un cropperd image is appears.  This would require re cropping and re-editing in Photoshop.  Edit In an external editor eworks fine, just in Photoshop does the full original, un edited, uncropped image appear.  Mac OS 12.0.1, LR Classic 2021 v11.1 , Photoshop 2021   22.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines