• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Facebook interface disabled and FB Publish Service Collections will be eventually removed

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm aware that the interface to Facebook is disabled, but WHY have you removed ALL my published catalogues??? As I have published more than 1000 images to Facebook, I'm now completely blind on which image and when!!!! I have no problem to understand the disabling of the direct publishing, despite the fact that it leaves LR sometwhat crippled in the usability, but why did you remove all my history???????

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

We have re-enabled access to collections for a temporary time period. Publishing capabilities will continue to remain disabled.  Please transfer the former Facebook collection to your personal collections. 

More instructions can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/facebook-publish-service-error.html

For Albums online removed by Facebook, you will need to contact Facebook support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that Facebook would have to fix issues on their service, that Adobe has no way to help. If Facebook support can't/won't restore albums then you are going to be out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is an issue uniquely affecting Adobe customers, the hope is that Adobe would liaise with Facebook directly to rectify this. We as individuals have no way to get through to Facebook, as many of us have tried. Adobe, at a higher corporate level, surely has this ability. If we hadn't used Adobe services, this wouldn't have occurred, and it would be the right thing for them to step in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice would be to move on. If Facebook was going to fix this, it would be fixed already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been repeatedly reporting the problem to Facebook in the hopes that someone actually sees it and does something. I wonder if enough people do this enough times that they might have some incentive to intervene. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realized this has happened to me as well. I have a hard time conveying how gut-wrenching this is... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've noticed this morning that albums back to 2017 have reappeared, but nothing from before then. My guess is this is when I started using Lightroom CC instead of Lightroom Classic. I only noticed as I started seeing some older posts come up in my Facebook Memories.

Is everyone else seeing the same?

Note the "Adobe Lightroom CC" app tag in the post.

CF947E96-7AAC-4F39-964E-C328102BCAE0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing here sadly. All my albums that disappeared were through LR Classic though. I've started trying to recompile some since it seems nothing will be done at this stage. Glad to hear they're coming back, even if partially, for some people though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG.

The albums that had disappeared from Facebook due to this issue for the past few years have suddenly reappeared back on my Facebook! All of them!
(But all of these affected albums' privacy are now defaulted to "Only me", so you will need to change the album's privacy setting to the audience you wish to allow access to.)
I am stunned beyond belief. I hope everyone who has had the same issue also has this resolved and their valuble memories/captions/engagements restored.  *Fingers crossed* that this is permanent and will not disappear again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG - I almost just fell off my chair! I can see them too! I can't believe this! I've been harbouring hatred towards Adobe for quite some time because of this, and resenting that I still need to pay them every month yet they clearly don't care.

I'd love to think that they did something actively to fix this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines