Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Gray / Negative image display in the Develop module

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je viens d'installer la dernière version de Lightroom Classic (11.4) sous Windows 11 et mes fichiers RAW ne peuvent plus s'afficher correctement dans le module "Développement". Je ne rencontre pas le problème dans les autres module, l'affichage de la miniature est bon, tout comme l'histogramme qui semble cohérent. Seul l'affichage dans la zone de travail est blanc (cf. copie d'écran dessous). 

Hello,

I just installed the latest version of Lightroom Classic (11.4) on Windows 11 and my RAW files can no longer display correctly in the "Develop" module. I don't encounter the problem in the other modules, the thumbnail display is good, as is the histogram which seems consistent. Only the display in the working area is white (see screenshot below).

Bug Lightroom.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

I downloaded a new Nvidia driver (it took awhile as I'm on W-Fi in a Health Care facility). This solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

All of the customers reporting this issue are using Windows. For each of you, as a test, please go to Edit>Preferences>Performance and disable GPU then restart your instance of Lightroom Classic. 

Does the problem go away? 

If so, then you will need to check your Video Card Manufacturer's website for an updated driver. Perform a clean install of the latest video driver. Go back to Edit>Preferences>Performance and renable GPU. 

If not: then post back here that "Turning off GPU and restarting has

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 213 Replies 213
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi how are you all ?

I have issue in Adebe Lightroom classic 11.4....Develop module is not working photos shows in just library module once i go to develop section there is just blank screen.....Kindly share you experience how i can solve this issue.....

Oops Sorry i forget to inform that is Mac Mini M1 Chip that i am using kindly help me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to LR 11.4 but cannot edit any more. The library shows the pictures well but in edit mode I get an almost white misty picture with a vage view of the original image. It is as if the picture is in veru dense mist. Please repair, I want to be able to work in LR again! I work in Windows. LR 11.4 and camera raw 14.4 is applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Lightroom Classic.]

Is your monitor color calibrated?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you mean, calibrated?  It all worked fine until I updated LR. I restarted the PC and can still work in PS but not in edit mode in LR any more. In library mode the color is fine. It's a laptop I work on btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to LR 11.4.1. This solved the problem for me. 😅

Thanks, Louis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looked solved, but the problem returned 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bij het openen van lightroom is mijn vbfoto sinds gister op mijn scherm wit met wat vage doordruklijnen, wat kan dit zijn? vrgr. Corali

corali25057177irdp_0-1656492406817.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know if you're using Lightroom Classic or Lightroom Cloud. Someone will be along to move this post to the appropriate product forum, where you are more likely to get an answer to your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Lightroom Classic forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je moet je grafische kaart drivers updaten.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently gotten a Nikon Z6 II and once I started importing my photos into Lightroom Classic (I am importing in NEF format). Once doing so, the photo I want to edit looks almost as if it has turned into a negative, however, very little detail comes through. I have attempted to reverse the negative in order to bring in color and that hasn't worked.

The preview thumbnail that shows up in the Navigator menu is still in color and looks proper (for the quick edits of the landscapes I've wanted to post to social media, I've just used that, but I can't see fine details or anything in the small image so, obviously, that becomes a problem when editing more heavily).

Which brings me to the next aspect of this that is so odd. When I export the photo after having edited it, it comes out with full color. The problem only exists within the editing area.

I have included a photo to show the problem.

Thank you for any help,

Dustin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is already a bug report on this issue, you can add your support and add your specific info.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-gray-negative-image-display-in-the-de...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I can not open photo in Develop(grey all spays) after import, but see it in library?  Whas try regulait import seting, reinstalled the program?  Nothing change.
2022-07-06_11-52-24.png2022-07-06_11-52-49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off GPU acceleration in Lightroom preferences > performance tab and reboot Lightroom.

Check for updated driver for your graphics card.

See link for related info.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! for a long time I have a problem with LR. I'm editing photos and develop and all functions are blocked, when I move the photos it changes on the bar, for that on the main window either the old photo stays or there is such a gray window as in the screengrab below.
Graphics updated, LR legal, kept up to date. Created a new directory and there was an improvement for a while, but the same thing from scratch.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)292206717_5444533975590045_5532605766975624021_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

  

Meine Nachher Bilder werden seit dem neuen update so komisch angezeigt, weshalb ich sie gar nicht bearbeiten Kann.

82EA38ED-D687-477F-AFD1-7EE3B53E75D5.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

If it's help check if there's an update for your graphic driver is available. If yes, then download and install this update and check again. 

More informations you find also here: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-gray-negative-image-display-in-the-de...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded a bunch of images into my library and went to the develop modul to begin editing. 

When develop opened it had transformed my regular image into almost entirely white with some black or grey for certain parts of the image. The amount of white and black seem to correspond to the brightness or the objects in the image but the view in navigator seems normal and when any edits are applied the image in main develope frame is still mostly white but changes show in navigator like they should. 

I have not applied any presets to these or anything. Additionaly when I open images previously edited in lightroom in develop they are also all white so it has something to do with a setting or new update that I do not know about. 

Any help with this would be really appreciated thanks!

{Thread title updated by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic. I'd be to help you figure this out.

Could you please share the specific version of Lightroom Classic from Help > About Lightroom Classic? What kind of images do you work with? RAW or JPEG? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Please go to Lightroom Classic > Edit > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it to Off if it is on Custom or Auto. If this shows you any differences, please check this article to troubleshoot the GPU further: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Let us know if this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Na area de revelação a imagem aparece como se fosse um negativo, desativando a palheta de detalhes a imagem volta ao normal, reativando a palheta ela fica como um negativo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an issue with the last version, the screen is stucked on the same photo or it stays grey.

Also i can't save the catalog, i get the loading screen and i have to close the program.

The library works fine.

I've tried to disable the GPU, add the colorspace, ...

I have to install the previous version to work on my catalog.

Does anyone have a solution for me ? 

Thanks for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines