• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Mac) Ventura Known Issues - Please read before you upgrade your OS

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save your catalog on an external drive or if you are tethering with Nikon products, please read before you update your Mac OS to Ventura (13.x)

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/known-issues.html 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

The OS issue was discovered in the beta phase for Ventura. Without a release date from Apple, Lightroom Classic was released with a fix that mitigate the OS issue. After Lightroom's release, Apple released the final version of Ventura which mitigated their previous issue. Consequently, now, Lightroom Classic will need an update to function with the changed final version of Ventura.  An update for the drive issue should be release soon. Until then, space available, you can move your catalog to th

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tethering isn't currently supported when using macOS Ventura. See  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/known-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

J'ai un Macbook pro (MacOS: Ventura) et j'aimerai utiliser la prise de vues connectées avec mon Nikon D5100.

Habituellement, ça fonctionne, mais depuis la mise à jour du Mac et de Lightroom (12.1), la connexion entre les deux échoue, pas moyen de shooter en mode connecté.

J'ai redémarré les appareils, réinitialisé les préférences de Lightroom, réinstallé le logiciel, vérifié les mises à jour sur mon appareil etc... rien n'y fait ! Après plusieurs recherches, il semblerait que ce soit un problème connu dans lightroom Classique : https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/lightroom-classic/kb/known-issues.html

La solution : Nous sommes conscients de ce problème et travaillons sur un correctif pour la prochaine version.... Ce poste date d'octobre, Avez-vous des nouvelles ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there any estimate when nikon tetherwill work again with osx ventura. 

tjis blicks my workflow totally. 

i mean this problem popped up in end of October. So over 2 months now. This is a paid software....

do you adobe guys think this is s proper performance???

shame on you all....

and Rick Floor , dont sick this ho a locked thread. Hands off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Ventura with no warning that I would no longer be able to use Lightroom. I can see Adobe has classified this as a "known issue": once one has upgraded to Ventura, one can no longer shoot tethering a Nikon D300 to Lightroom Classic (which I have done no problem for about a decade). I can also see that this issue has been known since October 2022 and a call to Adobe support today confirmed that there is no resolution and no known timeline, "it could be months". It's surprising that no advance communication was sent to Adobe subscribers. But given that such a large number of people are using Nikon and Mac for photography, it's mind-boggling that this is apparently not a high priority issue. I would be so grateful for help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tether with my current set-up, I used to b able to without any problems back in November, but I now get a spinning wheel and tethering just never opens.

I understood from Adobe support that this issue is known to Adobe so I am not sure why this is not mentioned in the list of supported cameras here: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

I wasted most of a day with this, checking my gear and going through the checklist that Adobe provided but I had to use Capture One in order to get my work done.

Is anyone else having this issue, and any news on a fix date please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo!

Seit meinem Mac IOS Update auf Ventura ist das Tethern mit Nikon D850 nicht mehr möglich. LRC ist aktuell, Firmware auf Nikon auch aktuell. Über diesen Fehler wurde bereits in mehreren Foren seit Oktober 22 berichtet. Wann kommt das Update? Wird es diesbzgl eine Fehlerbehebung geben?

Vielen Dank!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble working out how to tether my Nikon Z6II and my Nikon D780 to Lightroom. I have followed all steps in the troubleshoot guide and still I'm having no luck. I'm in the Rosetta mode of Lightroom and it simply cannot find either camera when I go to tether I just get the circle of death that continues to spin looking for the camera and yes the camera is turned on.

I have a Tether PRO cable I purchased especially for this. It is the long one - roughly 4m so I'm wondering if this is the issue. Although I've used the same cable to import photos from the camera into lightroom and it works so I'd assume its not the cable. Is there a setting on the cameras I need to change?

Thanks

Kris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I've just downloaded a free trial of Capture One and its working fine so its not the cable. Its obviously something to do with Lightroom. I'm hoping to get this sorted before my 30 day free trial with Capture Once expires. Please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Yes it is. Thank you so much. I spent about 3 hours on this the other night determined to fix it going through the entrie list of suggestions from the Adobe page. So no fix but at least I can stop trying to work it out. Hopefully Adobe puts out an update soon as this is hopeless for nikon users.

Thanks so much!

Cheers

Kris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura 13.1

MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB

Lightroom Classic 12.1

Have been using Nikon 850 tethered shooting for ages, now it wont work. Connection between camera and mac is ok, as Image Capture finds camera and images on card. Rosetta ok. Xtremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR CLassic 12.1 and Macbook pro macOS Ventura 13.2. When connecting my Nikon d610 to tether, it does not find my camera. Although it is working with another program, so it is confirm to be connected to the computer. 

Thanks for the help. 

Alfredo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using MocOS ventura 13.2, with the latest lightroom update, it just keeps spinning and won't recognize either camera.

is there something im doing wrong? or not doing 

please looking for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific on what you're doing? Can you also include the information from your system info in the Help menu?

Are you connecting for Import or for Tethering? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tethering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the System Info from Help? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Air and the latest version of Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to help here, but you're providing minimal information, and without it, it's hard to give more. 

Looking at older posts, the D750 is cable sensitive. Are you using the same cable that previously worked or a different one? Others have success with boosted cables and adaptors including fellow Adobe Community Expert @Rob_Cullen 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry Sean I not the most tech savvy person.

The cord is a tether tools 15 foot cord with a USB end so im using a short adapter to USB-c as the MacBook Air only has USB-C ports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are tether issues with Apple macOS Ventura which have been unresolved see the link below for more info.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-ventura-compatibility/

394F9B23-0299-4FBC-A45D-04060D631F8F.png

To be specific see the screen capture.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, looks like I'll go back using my old sytem for now and hope that it's not long before we see a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à Tous

Utilisateur de Lightroom depuis des lustres, je l’utilise surtout en studio pour des captures en mode connecté, je finalise ensuite sur photoshop.

Depuis 15 J elle ne fonctionne plus. J’ai tout checké , des cordons à différents boitiers D850, la connexion sur d’autres appli, désinstal/re-instal, en suivant les reco Adobe sur ce type de problème, rien à faire !

OS Ventura 13.1 / suite Adobe

Un peu obligé de bosser j’ai installé capture one (version 1 mois gratuite) et là tout fonctionne impec …c’est ballot

Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines