• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Mask Panel does not appear in Full Screen Mode on Apple Silicon MacBook 14"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Lightroom 11.01 tonight, on a brand new MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro with 32GB of memory and 10 cores.

There are several bugs.

- BUG - The popup, for the completion of the import process (Smart Previews Created), does not pop-up onto the top of the main screen. It's like it's behnd the screen and not visible. I had to reduce the window size from Full-Screen to the smaller size before the pop-up became visible. Before I did this everywhere I clicked on the screen and the computer beeped, unhelpfully.

- BUG - Mask Panel does not pop out to show that you have created a mask and allow you to add a mask for the first time.

- BUG - When I hit the Mask Icon on the develop menu (the round shaped patch like thing all the way to the right.) to create a second mask after having already created a mask, the Mask Menu with it's various chocies about what kind of mask to create also does not show up. So you cant create one except by using a short-cut key.

After screwing around with this for a while, I found that these issues appeared to go away when I changed my window from Full-Screen mode back to the multi-window mode on my computer. I am also working with an external BenQ Photographers monitor and the same issue with being full screen or the smaller window showed up with LR displayed there.

System Details

MacOS 12.01

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro18,3

Chip: Apple M1 Pro

Total Number of Cores: 10 (8 performance and 2 efficiency)

Memory: 32 GB

System Firmware Version: 7429.41.5

OS Loader Version: 7429.41.5

Serious waste of my evening....

JP

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

This bug was fixed in 12.2. If you are still experiencing the issue, please start a new thread. 

Thanks!

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
93 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ref Item 1, I cannot duplicate your results.

The Import dialog appears on top of the Lightroom interface - not behind it. 

Ref Items 2 and 3, I cannot duplicate your results.

The Mask panel behaves the same in Full Screen as it does in Windows version.

I am testing on the only M1 machine I have available a 2020 13 inch with Monterey and Classic 11.0.1

To confim these issues I would need repeatable steps to induce the bad behavior.  A video would be great if you can create on showing the issue.  Perhaps someone with a 14 inch 2021 can help us confirm. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok here it is. Before making this video, I've shutdown, and restarted. Confirmed that the MacBook is current - same as yesterday, confirmed that the version of LR is current, same as yesterday.

Bug occurs on open. Also the screen does not look like it's reading the default size of the MacbookPro screen when it opened the first time. But one bug at a time.....

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the video. I so see what you are describing but am unable to replicate it.  

I've contacted another on the Lightroom Team with a comparable machine to yours and she was also unable to replicate the issue on her 14 MBP. We've tried both on the local display and an attached external.  At this point you may want to consider resetting your preferences to see if the issue persists.

This procedure works for both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop.

If you are using Lightroom Desktop it can change the location of your local storage. Please review this setting after resetting preferences. 

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.

2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.

3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.

4. Close Lightroom.

5. Restart Lightroom.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd how that missing mask panel shows up in non full screen in a way that suggests it is popping under your right side panels. And how with it that far to the right that it does not dock with those panels, right above the masking adjustment panel.

In the not full screen, Drag the mask panel to the left. unhide your regular right side panel, can you drag the panel in question onto the right side? Does it the properly dock just above the masking adjustments panel?

Also, if you do not hide the right side panel, have it always show, does this behave differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will have to get off my rear end and test, mind you not on M1, but does a bug exists in the following scenario

You click on the mask tool.

You hide/close the right side panels

You drag the mask panel to the right

You unhide the right side panels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Masks panel in the upper right corner seems to constantly disappear. Is this a bug or is there a setting to prevent it from hiding? Or, is there a keyboard command to make it reappear?

I can understand if it temporarily hides itself while we draw with the brush. But, even after finishing a brush stroke the Masks panel never reappears.

The only way I can get the Masks panel to reappear is to switch back to the Finder or other app then return to LR.

masks panel.jpg

Macbook Pro 2013 - Big Sur - LR Classic11.0.1

Thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine only dissapears if I exit masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a first step I would try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also drag to "dock" it at the top of the right hand set of panels. There, it will collapse and expand itself as appropriate. So it won't be in its own separate window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the help!

Seems pretty clear this is a bug. I also noticed the bug only happens when in Full Screen mode. And, if you Exit Full Screen then the Masks panel will hide/appear correctly. 

Docking the Masks panel to the side column works great too. Resetting my LR prefs didn't have any affect. 

Exit Full Screen.png

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am still getting used to the new light room 2021 update. The sub panel box that usually appears to the left of the tools panel that has all my layer masks on it has disappeared. I must've accidentally docked it somewhere? But can't seem to figure out how to get it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That box only shows if you have selected the Masking tool. Did you select that? You can dock it at the top of the right panel, but again it will only show if you select the Mask tool.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have it selected, but the small box does not show up with all the masks and option to create new mask. All that is there is one mask as indicated by the black toggle pin on the picture, I am unable to create a new mask :-(. It was working well until just a couple of hours ago. The dialog box just simply disappeared and I have no idea how to bring it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a full-resolution screenshot of Develop showing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you are on a MAC. Do you have LrC maximized? Might be a display bug on MACOS and v11.0 involving maximum screen. (I cannot locate a link, something in the back of my head)

You did not state if you updated the bug fix v11.0.1, but I have no idea if that possible bug was addressed in v11.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. And yes, I was on max screen. I minimized the screen and the mask box reappeared! Thank you! Will look into the bug fix update also. I went to light room and it said version was up-to-date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you go and post your issue under bugs. That would help others and provide Adobe Techs with a nudge.

If a bug post already exists, no big issue, the moderators would merge later.

When you post it, be creative descriptive with the title, something like

Bug, MACOS, Mask Panel Disappears if LrC at Max Screen

Include screenshots, include your System Info as LrC reports it (include info from first line down to and including plug-ins)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version 11.1

Mac OS 12.1

Hi,  When I'm using Lightroom the masking panel disappears and I've been struggling to get it back. 

I follow the below steps to get this error. I'm using the 4 icons on the top of the RH panel to make my tool selections

1. I click on the masking icon in the dock the mask box appears, I can select brushes and perfom an edit.  

2. Then let's say I clcik on crop and perform the crop

3. I go back to clcik on the mask icon in the dock to add a new layer.  The mask box does not appear.  Nothing I can do can get it back on the LrC desktop at max screen

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 15.23.50.png

I'm still getting used to the new LrC but I;ve been having the issue for a few weeks, so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

NB I have today found a kind of workaorund.  By swicthing spaces I can get the panel to return. So if the panel has already disappeared and I can;t get it back, if I move right one space the mask box appears in the middle of an empty desktop (see attached image).  If I now switch back to my full screel LrC, the mask is in the correct position. See below 

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 15.23.35.png

Is this a known issue..?? Am I doing soemthing wrong.  Is there a settings fix..?

Thanks

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry about the trouble with masking in Lightroom Classic 11.1 on your macOS 12.1. We are here to help!

Could you please share the screen specifications of your macOS computer (size & resolution)? Are you using 2 or more displays when you notice this issue? Has this started to behave as such since any recent update in Lightroom Classic or macOS? Please share if you have tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Please try using the keyboard shortcuts for Brush (K - on keyboard) or Linear Gradient (M - on keyboard) in the Fullscreen mode and check if that triggers the masking panel.  

Also, we can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom Classic. Before resetting, please backup your presets & settings. 

Check here for steps to reset Lightroom Classic: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e  

Please let us know if this helps! 

Regards, 

Sameer K. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

I'm using 2 displays

My Mac sreen is - 14-inch (3024 × 1964) (Set as Extended in System Prefs > Display27-inch (2560 × 1440))

My second display is 27-inch (2560 × 1440)

Connected vi HDMI

This has been happeningsince I staretd using this set up with the mac when I got it in December.  I've updated the OS and LrC as updates become available with no change.

Using the keyboard shortcuts have helped activate the tools.

Update - I just switched the settings from Extended to Mirror in  System Prefs > Display.  The masking box now appears as expected across both screens.  I can use masking and switch to other tools and back and all works as expected

Secondly - I've also unplugged the second display, now just using the macs native screen things also work as expected. 

Thirdly - Also I've just plugged the monitor back in and selected Extended once again in System Prefs > Display.  Now the masking panel works as expected with 2 displays set up (Extended) in the way I that originally experienced the problem with the disappearing masking panel.!

So it's now all working.  I'm not sure why but it's great!   

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this suggestion, I was having the same problem and this fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. This just happened to me. The mask panel disappeared. I'm running LrC 11.3. After reading this thread, I just restarted Lightroom and the panel came back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still seeing this sporadically on 11.3.1 / MacOS 11.6.5 (with the LR window not "maximized."  I have not been able to reliably reproduce the behavior or to correlate the failure with any particular sequence of prior actions.  (Race condition?)  Terminating the LR process and restarting so far always has restored the default behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate