• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Mask Panel does not appear in Full Screen Mode on Apple Silicon MacBook 14"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Lightroom 11.01 tonight, on a brand new MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro with 32GB of memory and 10 cores.

There are several bugs.

- BUG - The popup, for the completion of the import process (Smart Previews Created), does not pop-up onto the top of the main screen. It's like it's behnd the screen and not visible. I had to reduce the window size from Full-Screen to the smaller size before the pop-up became visible. Before I did this everywhere I clicked on the screen and the computer beeped, unhelpfully.

- BUG - Mask Panel does not pop out to show that you have created a mask and allow you to add a mask for the first time.

- BUG - When I hit the Mask Icon on the develop menu (the round shaped patch like thing all the way to the right.) to create a second mask after having already created a mask, the Mask Menu with it's various chocies about what kind of mask to create also does not show up. So you cant create one except by using a short-cut key.

After screwing around with this for a while, I found that these issues appeared to go away when I changed my window from Full-Screen mode back to the multi-window mode on my computer. I am also working with an external BenQ Photographers monitor and the same issue with being full screen or the smaller window showed up with LR displayed there.

System Details

MacOS 12.01

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro18,3

Chip: Apple M1 Pro

Total Number of Cores: 10 (8 performance and 2 efficiency)

Memory: 32 GB

System Firmware Version: 7429.41.5

OS Loader Version: 7429.41.5

Serious waste of my evening....

JP

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

This bug was fixed in 12.2. If you are still experiencing the issue, please start a new thread. 

Thanks!

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
93 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Docking is working for me as a workaround.  It is strange that this thread has a post by GoldingD marked as the correct answer, but that did not seem to work for me.

It seems like this is a longstanding bug.  It would be nice if Adobe fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lightroom Classic has a SEVERE bug problem with the new Masking tool. 

Typically I can use it once - meaning I can access the mask icons from the side panel when I initially need to use them. Then when I go back to add other masks or look at masks I've previously created - the list of current masks I'm working on is nowhere to be found. I can use masking under the Tools menu, but it doesn't allow me to see all the masks I've created - it just lets me create a new one.  This mask-disappearing act keeps happening over and over, and I've turned my computer off and restarted Lightroom, which to be honest, I'm not sure does anything. And I can't spend my whole day restarting Lightroom and restarting my computer.  I also don't know if it has anything to do with closing the masking tool and then trying to go back into it...but this is VERY annoying. I love the mask tool, but I hate the way it is not reliable. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE look into this. I know that other folks are having this problem too.

Thank you,

Karli.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Karli,

Ich kann ihnen leider in diesem Fall nicht helfen.
Auch ich bin noch dabei alle Anwendungstools zu verstehen.
Wünsche ihnen dass Sie Hilfe finden
Grüße Jo Schilling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not the first with this issue. Next time the tool appears, drag it to the panel. A blue line should appear allowing you to dock the masks into the Masking panel where it stays visible. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with this thread reporting similar symptoms, in which you tried but failed to replicate:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mask-panel-does-not-appear-in-full-sc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with this thread reporting similar symptoms, in which you tried but failed to replicate:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mask-panel-does-not-appear-in-full-sc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One odd thing, I cannot make a video of this in computer (Windows) using the MS supplyd video capture app, when I attempt, the fly out is not shown. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Masks floating panel remains on the secondary display when LR is moved back to the primary display. This may occur only when the right-side Develop panels are collapsed in auto-hide mode.

The bug may account for some of the reports of a disappearing Masks panel in the past year (80 posts total).  If a user has a secondary display turned off, Mac can think it is still connected, and the user may not realize the Masks panel is there. But there could well be other triggers for making the floating panel disappear.

Tested on LR 12.0.1 / Mac OS 12.6.1 / Macbook Pro 2880 x 1800 display / Eizo CG277 2560 x 1440 display). The Macbook is the primary display and the Eizo is the secondary display. Precise steps (I've found these very fussy, so do them exactly):

1. Reset preferences by deleting the .plist file manually.

2. Start LR on the primary display (Macbook).

3. Hold down the Mac green window button in the upper-left corner of the LR window and select Move To <second display>.

4. Click LR's green window button to Enter Full Screen.

5. Edit in Develop a photo that has no masking applied.

6. Click the triangle on the side of the left panels to close it.

7. Hover over the triangle to open the panels, click the Masking button, and click Add Subject. Observe the Masks floating panel appear in the upper-right. 

8. Move it a little to the left and observe the Develop panels auto-hide, while the Masks panel stays visible.

9. Hover over the triangle to open the Develop panels and click the Masking button to close the local-adjustment sliders panel and hide the floating Masks panel.

10. Click LR's green window button to Exit Full Screen.

11. Hold LR's green window button to Move To <primary display>.

12. Click LR's green window button to Enter Full Screen.

13. Hover over the triangle to open the Develop panels and click the Masking button.  

14. Observe there is no Masks floating panel on the primary display -- it is still on the secondary display.

15. Drag the Masks floating panel to the primary display.

I've attached a screen recording (created by separate recordings of the primary display, then the secondary display, then the primary display again).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pupcake Ninja, are you running with two displays?  At least some instances of this bug are triggered by moving LR between displays.  It would be good to know, to help Adobe finally fix the bug.

Sean's workaround of docking the Masks floating panel into the main Masking panel is the reliable workaround for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Step 14 the Mask Panel remains on the Primary Screen and is not orphaned on the Secondary Screen. 

I was unable to replicate the failure. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the number of people experiencing this, maybe it should be filed internally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is evaluating the reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bakubo, just curious. Did you recheck behind any open windows between the desktop spaces? If you Alt Tab to another app, it causes the pallet in the other desktop space to retreat to the background and hide. When you alt tab back into lightroom, the pallet remains in the other desktop space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running two displays. But I only use LRC on one of the displays - not sure if that makes any difference. And I never use full screen.  I just docked the masking tool and so far that is working....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short: go into fullscreen mode and play around with masking. Layers panel will not show up any more at some point.

Bring LrC to fullscreen mode (green bullet) and start creating a new mask the layers panel appears. Then if you disable and enable masking mode again, the panel does not show up. Leaving fullscreen mode, layers panel is there again. Go back to fullscreen mode, panel is gone again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. I tired clicking in and out of full screen and my missing masking window actually appeared when I ENTERED Full Screen. I've had several other bugs with this mask update including lightroom crashing about once every 200x I open the mask modual. 

I love the new tools but I haven't ever had so many issues with lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug was fixed in 12.2. If you are still experiencing the issue, please start a new thread. 

Thanks!

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate