Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P:(Masking) Invert Mask remember state

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use masks to blur parts of my images, and in 99% of cases I use them inverted. Older version memorized this and the new version does not memorise the fact I used inverted mask just seconds ago, so for every new mask I have to additionally click on invert checkbox, which together with the fact I have to use masks now and create new ones with additional clicks, slows down my workflow. 

Please include Invert option to be remembered by Lightroom mask from the previous usage of the mask. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bottom of mask adjustments panel, a option to automatically reset sliders.

Oh, and see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/adjustment-brush-need-help/m-p/12500179...

P.S. watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Fld8eEHsE

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but i know this option. I do not want to automatically reset them so I keep this box unchecked to remember my settings and Lightroom does not remember I used inverted mask. It used to remember that along with other adjustments.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But thanks very much for the videos, very helpful

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a very imporant update.  We need to be able to remember the last invert state of the radial gradient.  Just have an option check box for this.  Because I almost always use the radial gradient outside, not inside the circle.  So I always have to make a gradient and then invert it.  If I could tell the system to remember the state of the invert option, I could skip an entire key stroke every time.  That is a huge time saver.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines