• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Problem with zoom to fill in lightroom print mode

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that when I zoom to fill in Print mode Lightroom classic the colour seriously degrades, has anyone else experenced the same?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

This was fixed in 11.0

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
50 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have heard of something similar... please comment with your OS version and Lightroom version so we can attempt to isolate options for you - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom version is Lightroom classic 10.1.1 and the OS version is macOS Big Sur 11.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted my version of LrC to version 10.0.

This issue is under invertigation by Adobe, you can follow in the “Feedback” forum for Photoshop family products.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on Ddegannes's reply, Adobe has acknowledged two bugs with zooming and colors:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-100-using-the-zoom-...

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-library-zoomed-view... 

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I starting having this same problem when moving to Big Sur: the colors in the print module are shifted and desaturated. Recent upgrade to 11.5.2 seems to partially but not completely fix it. 

Now, the problem occurs when I select Stroke Border in the print module. The colors shift/desaturate. Unclicking, the colors are correct again. This is new behavior, since on macos 11.4 the colors were initially and always bad viewing in Print.

Oddly, I never saw the reported problem of zoom-to-fill. 

This is a serious and seemingly VERY BASIC bug that Adobe needs to fix. It's been MANY months of this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug report with the Print module showing wrong colors is still open, acknowledged by Adobe but not yet fixed:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-full-scree... 

Normally, I'd ask that you add the details of your issue to the bug report, but it didn't get copied over in the consolodation of the two forums last week.  (I've alerted Adobe.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update: I do see the problem with zoom-to-fill. Toggling this, or toggling the Stroke Border, changes the image from correct to incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I see this issue is not solved - with any version between 10.0 and 10.4 on Big Sur 11.5.2, Zoom to fill is changing the photo editing parameters. So I guess the feature cannot be used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to one of the links posted by John Ellis earlier and add your experience so it can receive the attention of Adobe Engineers.

I do not normally use the print module in LrC as I utilize an alternative print application.

That said I check on my system and I do see a noticeable shift in the color of the displayed image on my system. I have not tested if an actual print would be affected.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Denis, but both of the links lead to topics which are marked as closed and solved, although they are obviously not. Furthermore, that feedback site is completely closed. That is why I have posted here, in the hope that someone from Adobe provides an update about this issue which seems to exist for a long, long time.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"both of the links lead to topics which are marked as closed and solved, although they are obviously not. Furthermore, that feedback site is completely closed."

The issue reported here:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-full-scree... 

is still open in Adobe's internal bug tracker. The bug report should have been copied to the Bugs section here when the the old feedback forum was closed and merged in, but a glitch in the copying caused many open bugs not to get copied. They should all get copied over in the next week or so.

(In the medium and long term, merging the old feedback forum here is a good thing -- it was confusing having two different forums.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an awful bug.  At first glance, the most recent update to LRC seemed to fix it....no luck.

The pic gets desaturated when selecting zoom-to-fill in the print mode.

Really, how difficult is it to fix.  Been like this for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is not a monitor problem.   Lightroom Classic 10,4.   Big Sur 11.6

When I move from Library Mode to Develop Mode the colors match.

When I move from Develop Mode to Print the colors match

Except

if I have Zoom to fit checked.  The colors dull. I used Zoom to fit to make borderless prints when I need to work around ratio.  

Ideas?

Is there an update I'm missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug. Merging your post with the bug report.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when this bug will be fixed?
I have to finish a photo book but having the images not showing up in the Book Module with the same colors as in the Develop Module makes this a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it fixed in the Lightroom Classic 11 update that was released today?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've confirmed it's on their radar but didn't make today's release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur. 11.6.1.   Lightroom 11.0

Others know what I'm talking about.   When I move from Develop Module to Print Module and select Zoom to Fill to create a borderless print when the aspect ratio doesn't match - the colors fade.  Not a whole lot, but I imagine anyone who has worked hard to get the colors right from monitor to software to printer feels as I do that this slight color shift is not helpful.  Please fix this.  There are so many wonderful upgrades to Lightroom.  Please, create zoom to fill to retain the colors that are carefully chosen in the Develop Mode.  Thanks for your consideration

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revising status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a slightly different version of this problem. The color shift/desaturation not only occurs with zoom to fill, but also when I select Stroke Border. However I just noticed something. When I select Stroke Border, the image only shifts color at certain cell sizes. As I drag the height or width changing the size bigger or smaller, the image goes into and out of this color shift. Sometimes with just a tiny change in size, it will go good, then a fraction more and it gets the color shift. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acharnas  - clear discription of a complicated glitch.  Lightroom's printing module is the best of the software I use or have tried.  So, I hope this gets addresses successfully

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I hope so too. I agree, I love LR's print module. So this is a drag right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue - stroke border causes the image to desaturate. Flicking it on / off I can see the change. 

Is anyone seeing a difference in their prints?

Lightroom classic 11.01

OS Big Sur 11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this issue.  I am running the latest Lightroom Classic 11.0.1 on Big Sur 11.4.  Using "zoom to fill" in the print module seriously degrades and desaturates the colors. This degradation results in bad prints. My "workaround" has been to stop using zoom to fill, but this is a loss of one of the features of the Lightroom print module. This is a serious issue, and judging from the posts, it hasn't been corrected for months.  I hope it is addressed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate