• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sony A7IV New Firmware (1.10) compatibility issue

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on an M1 MacBook Pro (2021) and am using Lightroom 11.5.

The new firmware to A7IV includes Lossless Compressed file formats, in S/M/L sizes. I shot a session yesterday in M and the photos are unspported in Lightroom (they are chopped and purple in LR, but are viewable fine in other viewers). Im assuming we need to wait for a lightroom update for this to be resolved? I also shot in a diff format right afterwards on the same card and camera and it turned out fine.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

See yesterday's post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-raw-file-support-requests-and-information-new-camera-support/td-p/12354770

"sony a7m4 (a7iv) new firmware 1.10. new format : "s RAW" dont work 😞"

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See yesterday's post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-raw-file-support-requests-and-information-ne...

"sony a7m4 (a7iv) new firmware 1.10. new format : "s RAW" dont work 😞"

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou com o mesmo problema por aqui. Quando vamos ter uma atualização da Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou com o mesmo problema por aqui. Quando vamos ter uma atualização da Adobe? 

By @Gabriel Chiarastelli

Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don't know.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amigo, isto não ajuda. Tenho muitas fotos para converter. O mínimo que a Adobe tem que fazer é lançar uma atualização. 

de fato. Quem fala não sabe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry bud; we don't discuss unreleased software products openly here: under NDA.

Why the rush to update firmware on the camera or risk unsupported proprietary raws? Why did Sony alter their raws? Ask them. 

Of course Adobe will continue to update their software. The specifics of when, your question; can't be answered before they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks today like Sony had some firmware issues! Don't rush to update (if it ain't broke...):

https://m.dpreview.com/news/1306204389/sony-re-releases-firmware-version-1-1-for-its-a7-iv-mirrorles...

Last month, Sony published then subsequently removed firmware version 1.1 for its a7 IV camera system. The update brought a collection of new and improved capabilities, but hours after its launch, some users noticed their cameras weren’t working after the update, effectively making their entire camera useless in some shooting modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I import these into lightroom they turn out like this. But not all my photos. So far about 100 out of 400.  This has happened in the past and I can't figure out what it is. Weird thing is that when I open the same files with Capture One, it loads the file normally and I can edit and export without problems. Anyone else having similar issues?

Using a Sony A7IV on Lossless Compressed RAW.

Could it be Adobe software? Camera defect? SD card defect? 

Any help would be appreciated.

LR is latest 11.5 version 
Mac is Macbook Air M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Internet, I see your camera has three options, Small, Medium, and Large for that Lossless Compressed RAW

Looking at the Adobe document on supported cameras in ACR, I see that they added support for Medium and Small. What I do not see is was Large previously included as supported

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

So, S, M, or L?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response!

Didn't find any options for lossless compressed, only JPG gives a S,M,L option. Still weird that only 100/400 came out purple though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try emptying your camera raw cache, restarting Lightroom and then zooming to 1:1 on one of these purple files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last set of pictures i took with a Sony A7IV seems to have severe issues with the files. I took these pictures with the latest software. After importing many (but not all!) of those pictures are completely distorted, chopped up and tinted. In-camera everything was and is fine. The preview in the finder is fine too. On my iPad via cloud everything works too. What is this and what do I do now?

Impossible to work with this now but why? and why does the problem only occur on mac but now on ipadOs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jakoblcht 

Sorry for the slow reply.  What specific file format and capture settings were used to make those Sony A7IV images?  That camera has been supported for a long while: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html 

Also, can you confirm which device firmware your A7IV has installed?  

Could you share a sample image (original, not just a screenshot)?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charlie, 

thank you for your answer.

The installed firmware on the camera body is the currently newest one (v1.10) 

You can download a sample image here:

http://gofile.me/5Aq8W/evucyKdOV

Waiting for an explanation on how to solve this problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, eventually the previous link didnt work. If so, pleease try again this one:

http://gofile.me/5Aq8W/ICZhaaw9U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing happened to me

any solution you found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide specific details about your capture settings?  Files I obtained and tried (compressed or uncompressed raw, or JPG) did not show any issue, and the HEIF files the camera could also record are not compatible for import at this time.  If you could send me a private message (just click on my user name) and share a sample image, that would help me pass along useful info to the developers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Just after upgrading the firmware in the camera body. All the pictures were imported with the same issue.2022-10-12 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out the issue. Lightroom/Camera Raw doesn't support Lossless Compressed RAW (M or S) only supports Lossless (L), Uncompressed and Compressed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These details help, thank you.  I will move this to the correct forum for Camera Raw where hopefully the right people can see/comment on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-raw-file-support-requests-and-information-ne...

There are issues with a newer firmware and options for the proprietary raws. 

Last month, Sony published then subsequently removed firmware version 1.1 for its a7 IV camera system. The update brought a collection of new and improved capabilities, but hours after its launch, some users noticed their cameras weren’t working after the update, effectively making their entire camera useless in some shooting modes.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/1306204389/sony-re-releases-firmware-version-1-1-for-its-a7-iv-mirrorl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines