• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sync/copying a Local Adjust/Spot/Crop results in wrong size and position

LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[See here for a bug recipe for LR 10.2 that occurs with any in-camera rotated raw:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-synchronization-of-... -JRE]

1. Combine a sequence of 5 shots obtaining a DNG HDR with automatic alignment and low movement removal
2. Apply a radial filter to the DNG
3. Synchronize the DNG settings to apply them to the 5 original RAW shots
4. The radial filter on the RAW is of a different size and position than the original DNG from which it was synchronized

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A copied/synced graduated filter will appear in the wrong location on a target photo if the photo has been rotated but hasn't had that rotation saved to the photo's metadata on disk.  The workaround is to select the target photos and do Metadata > Save Metadata To File before copy/syncing the graduated filter.

To reproduce:

1. Uncheck Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes To XMP.

2. Import three photos, one unrotated, one rotated in-camera (i.e. with EXIF:Orientation set to something other than Horizontal), one unrotated.

3. Rotate the third photo:

4. Apply a graduated filter to the first photo and copy/sync to the other two. Observe that the filter is in the wrong location on the third photo (its catalog-only rotation has been ignored):

5. Select the second and third photos and do Quick Develop > Reset All.

6. Select the third photo, do Metadata > Save Metadata To File.

7. Copy/sync the  graduated filter from first photo to the other photos. Observe that the filter now appears in the correct location on the second and third photos:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to copy/paste a graduated filter from one photograph to another, the graduated filter I paste is at a 90 degree angle to how it should be. Imagine a graduated filter used to bring down the exposure on a sky – so the filter is coming down from the top. If I paste that graduated filter onto a different photograph, it will be coming in from one side rather the from the top of the photograph. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I am using an iMac Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system: Windows 10 - Lightroom Classic 10.2

Copy or sync crop, spot removal and local adjustments develop settings causes wrong results for portrait photos which were rotated in Lightroom.

I had reported the problem more than half a year ago, but it was marked as "Solved", although the bug still exists in the current Lightroom Classic 10.2 version.

Here is a video showing the bugs:

The video shows several unexpected results.
1) Lightroom write metadata (e.g. rotation) into the original JPG, although it is explicitly disabled it in the catalog settings.
2) Crop, spot removal and local adjustments are wrong after copy or sync the develop settings if the photo is rotated in Lightroom.
3) If the photo is not rotated in Lightroom (use written rotate metadata by import), then copy or sync crop and local adjustments develop settings are correct, but the spot removal is still wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See also this thread:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-local-adjustments-a... 

I don't think they should be merged, because that thread is about more than just radial filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reproduce in LR 10.2:

1. Import a portrait raw (a raw that was rotated 90 degrees in-camera).

2. Create a virtual copy.

3. Edit the virtual copy, and add a narrow oval radial filter in the lower-right corner, tilted 45 degrees to the left.

4. Do Sync Settings from the virtual copy to the original, with just radial filters checked.

5. Observe that the copied radial filter is the wrong size.

I don't observe a problem with an untilted radial, nor with an original that is landscape (not rotated in-camera), nor with gradient filters, spot removals, or adjustment brushes. This screenshot shows a correctly copied gradient filter, spot removal, and adjustment brush, and an incorrectly copied radial filter:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have noticed a bug in the newest version of LR. 

I am editing sequences of very similar images, so I am syncing the settings from one image to multiple other ones.  On landscape oriented photos, this seems to not be an issue, but for portrait oriented photos, there is an issue.

The issue is with the radial filters.  I have two radial filters in a portrait oriented image, which I am copying to other portrait oriented photos.  Both radial filters (as well as all other settings) are copied over as expected/normal.  However, the size of the the one radial filter is changed (it's much rounder than what I have specified) and the second radial filter is exactly the same as in the sample, but it is in a different location.  The settings for the radial fitlers are correct, but the physical placement on the image is wrong.  This is while syncing, but also when I hit 'previous' in the Develop module.

When I change the radial filter to match the one on the previous image(s), I always get the cropping logo on the thumbnail too, although the image was not cropped in any way.

I'm guessing this should be easy to replicate, please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue and we have a bug filed for it. Thank you for the report. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, I found another bug with the Radial Filter control.

The below image has Spot Removal, Radial Filter, Adjustment Brush, and Graduated Filter applied (from Left to Right). The Crop Tool Angle control moves ALL of the Local controls with the image. The Transform Rotate control moves all of the Local controls except the Radial Filter. All of the Local Controls should remain fixed to their relative image bitmap position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- I edited a photo in LR Classic.

- Along the way, I created a virtual copy, where I changed some local edits.

- When I was satisfied with the result, I wanted to copy all settings from the virtual copy and paste it onto the original photo, so I could delete the virtual copy.

- Here, the problem happens: Settings are pasted, but some local edits (I identified spot removal and radial filter, but didn't check the location of every single local adjustment) are pasted in the wrong position or with the wrong dimensions.

- I made sure to select EVERYTHING in the Copy/Paste dialog.

- I have encountered the same bug some weeks ago with another image, where local edits (in that case a brush adjustment) were pasted in a slightly wrong position.

If needed, I can of course provide screenshots of the edits in the correct and wrong places.

Technical details:

- Both edited images were *.ARW files from the Sony A7 III

- Adobe Lightroom Classic 10.2 (Build 202103041821-226a1211)

- macOS 11.2.3 (Big Sur) on a MacBook Pro Mid 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve had this problem for a long time too. Looking forward to seeing the replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was one of the photos rotated, perhaps? I do not see this with ‘normal’ photos.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, je viens de tester sur macOS 11.3.1 et LrC 10.2 sans enregistrement des .xmp, et bien tout fonctionne correctement !

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this workaround: Before pasting the settings, select the target photos and do Metadata > Save Metadata To File. Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screenshots, it looks like Spot Removals have the same size and position in in the source and destination photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted some pictures, but accidentally as a new comment below and not a reply to you. The pixel dimensions of both virtual copy and original were 4000x6000 before I applied the "privacy crop". After that, dimensions were 1781x2672 (showing the bottom right corner of the image, but also another area is affected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some screenshots - I applied a crop AFTERWARDS to protect her privacy.
How the radial filter looks like before copying:
How the radial filter looks like after copying:
How the spot removal looks like before copying:
How the spot removal looks like after copying:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the pixel dimensions of the original?

What are the pixel dimensions of the virtual copy?

Can you show a screenshot of both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, that is a perfect way to circumvent the bug. However, it is still a bug in the software that should be resolved. 🙂

As I mentioned below, I did NOT crop the image (original and virtual copy have exactly the same crop) AND the crop would be included in the settings since I select "check all" when copying settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I have not cropped it, but even if I had - any crop or transformation should be copied with all the settings if I select "check all".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@samc_2311276 Excellent solution, adding it to my tips folder. As to why luisa had this problem, this will happen if the virtual copy was cropped because local adjustments are no longer in the same location. So only global adjustments can be applied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another consideration:

Is the Virtual Copy the same size as the original?  Have you cropped it? Transformed it? etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A more better way of promoting the virtual copy to be the master is to use the Library module's Photo menu > Set Copy as Master function. To use, select the virtual copy to be exchanged with the master and click Set Copy as Master. The virtual copy's settings are now affixed to the master image while the original master image's settings belong to the virtual copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines