• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Synchronizing "Auto" transforms across many images and "Update"

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read all the FAQ's and discussions on this topic, but still cannot get this to work. I want LR to be able to apply the "Auto" transform to a set of real estate interior photos.

I understand how to do this I believe, which is to simply apply the Auto Transform to the first image, then select the rest of the interior images, then  "Sync..." ->Transform -> Upright Mode.

It should be that simple, and as described in the FAQ it is.. However the problem is this: I go to the next (and every) image in the series I had selected for the sync, and I see that "Auto" transform is selected (but not applied), but now this "Update" button is active and I have to click it to get LR to analyze that particular image and apply the Auto Transform. And I have to do this for every single image. I have to force LR to analyze each individual image and apply the Auto Transform with this Update button that I had seemingly successfully synchronized. Not a big deal for a few images, but I just shot a dozen model homes and have over 400 images I have to click next, Update, click, next, update, click, next, update, click, 400 times?... So how do I not only synchronize the Auto Transform to a batch of images but APPLY the Auto Transform to a batch of images?

Thanks for your help!

Chris Miller

www.imagineimagery.com

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thank you so much. THIS is the only answer I've seen that is correct. If you have synced any upright transforms between photos, even completely undoing it and trying to copy and paste auto transform DOES NOT WORK. It's only when i completely reset the develop settings of a series of images that I finally got this to work.

Absolutely ridiculous bug by Adobe here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FrostyOfTheNorth, I just verified that copying/syncing Transform > Auto continues to work in LR 12.0.1. Two points:

1. In the Sync/Copy Settings dialog, make sure you select just Upright Mode:

johnrellis_0-1670006915911.png

That will copy the "mode" (Off, Auto, Guided, Level, Vertical, Full) but not the actual transformations computed by that mode or any manual adjustments you've made.

See this screen recording for an example of this working:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/px6hduy3pfsz8sl/syncing-upright-auto.2022.12.02.mp4?dl=0 

2. There's a nasty LR bug: If you accidentally check both Upright Mode and Upright Transforms and copy/sync, and then you correct the mistake by syncing/copying again with just Upright Mode, you'll have to click the Update button manually on each target photo.  I've found no way to recover from that bug, other than by doing Reset on all the target photos.  No amount of Sync, Copy Settings, Auto Sync, presets, or even plugin magic will force Auto to be recomputed on the batch.

I've filed a bug report about this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/syncing-transform-gt-auto-with-just-upright-mo...

Please add your constructive opinion and click Vote in the upper-right corner to make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please move this into Discussions.  The core Idea, the ability to copy Transform > Auto to many photos and have the auto upright recomputed for each target photo, has long been implemented.  But the "subtle" user interface, which doesn't explain the difference between Upright Mode and Upright Transforms, combined with this bug, lead people to think the ability isn't present.  Leaving this thread in Ideas will further that confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I came here to check out this sync button but it seems it's not a good choice for me. I have had problems with alignment after trying to auto-transform a bracket set. On the other hand, I have had no problems if I select all photos in the set, select "auto sync", and then manually align the top image. LR auto-copies the exact same adjustment to all the other images and it is almost as fast as auto-align without the errors. Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines