• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page bleed settings greyed out in book module

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see under the right hand pannels in the book module the option to select "page bleed" under the guides tab, but it's greyed out and I can't click on it nor can I find an area to edit them. Is there a setting somehwere I'm missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot with all of the panels expanded? What are your other settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw from another comment that its probably becasue I have Jpeg checked. If that's the case though, how is one supposed to enter custom bleeds for different album makers other than blurb?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have PDF or JPG selected for the book type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have Jpg checked. So am I to understand that there's no way to enter custom bleed settings for publishers other than blurb, or am I missing something obvious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thought would be that the "other publisher" provides custom bleed in their software. eg. Blurb Bookwright (online Book editor).

You would simply insert the 'full' JPG image into their UI.

https://au.blurb.com/bookwright

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a bummer 😞 It looked like such an efficent way to design an album without having to round trip into another third party album builder. I thought for sure I would be able to enter my custom bleeds like Indesign and then just export as a jpg for print. Not being able to design with the bleeds seems like such a missed opportunity espeically since it appears the funcionality exisits with the Blurb books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines