• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page numbering wrong left side of spreads in Book module

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom book module, on 2-page spreads, several misnumber. e.g. 50 on left side and 127 on right. Any clue what's happening. I went to page one and reapplied style globally. That didn't help. Must be some trick or bug. On M1 iMac. LR 11.4 (has happened in an earlier version, too).  Any clue?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a weird one! No clues from me. Only the common suggestions of -Reset Preferences. Or Uncheck/Recheck the [Page Numbers] option, [Right-click] a page and change the Numbering settings.

And I suggest working/experimenting with a 'Duplicate Copy' of the Saved Book Collection.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem to have stumped the adobe techs, too. What do you mean by right click a page and change numbering settings. What am I on when I right click?  Also, I'm going to delete these threee pages and relay-out -- perhaps that will help. Yes, luckily I had a duplicate copy made so when tech hit "auto layout" I could recover my book. I don't think there's anyone who really knows or teaches all the inside tricks of the book module. I think there are a few. My big gripe if no rulers and no way to save or lock down a page layout. THank god there are presets for text styles in captions etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What do you mean by right click a page and change numbering settings."

When Page Numbering is active- a [Right-click] on any page gives a couple of numbering options-

2022-06-19 09_26_13-Clipboard.jpg

"no way to save or lock down a page layout."

Would [Save as Custom Page] do what you want?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes, I now about right-clicking the page number. As regards the save as custom page. Yes, that's helpful. However, I was just thinking about how nice it would be if you could set the position of a picture in a given layout and it wouldn't accidentally 'slip' up or down. Some way to lock in your placement. Also, wouldn't it be nice if there were a ruler. Would be easier than counting little grid squares. But I guess that's what InDesign is for. haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For two-page spreads with incorrect page numbers, the following gets the correct page numbers.

(1) Right-click on the spread and select Add Page

(2) Add the photo to the new page

(3) Delete the original page

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines