Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ100 Lens Profile

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Lightroom Classic 12.1 on my iMac. Is there a lens profile suitable for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ100 (It might be TS100 in the USA)? 

Thanks,

Geoff

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

That's definitely Chromatic Aberration, but as it's really blue, the button should fix this. There's an eyedropper in the manual tools @Jim Wilde mentions, try that if not before progressing to the sliders themselves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you look at the lens corrections, is there an i on the panel? Usually cameras like these use built in profiles. More details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

To build on Sean's reply, the DMC-ZS100 does indeed embed manufacturer-supplied lens profiles in its raws, and LR applies those lens profiles automatically:

johnrellis_0-1672295420893.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sean and John for your replies.

I notice that I get colour banding (?) on images when I Develop and adjust them in LC. This example is at 300%. Am I asking too much from a pocket camera?

Thanks,

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the "Remove Chromatic Aberration" box checked or unchecked. If it's unchecked, then check it. Does that clear the CA from the image? If it's already checked, click on the Manual tab and use the manual controls to try to clear the CA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I had a quick play with the manual sliders, but it didn't make a change. I will have a further look later.

Thanks for your help, Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's definitely Chromatic Aberration, but as it's really blue, the button should fix this. There's an eyedropper in the manual tools @Jim Wilde mentions, try that if not before progressing to the sliders themselves. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone, you answered my questions, and the technique works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines