• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panorama vs HDR Panorama?

Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed I can perform panorama's directly from Lightroom (I had been jumping over to Photoshop previously). I saw on the selection menu there is Panorama and HDR Panorama.  What is the difference and do I need to shoot any different?  I currently take 3-5 photos overlapped by about one third and then process.  Same technique with the HDR mode?  Thanks for any help.   

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

So you can also take for example 3 photos ( -2EV, 0, +2EV )  of each segment of the panorama shots.

ie. A 3-photo panorama would need 9 photos.

Then the "HDR Panorama" does both these actions in the one step-

1) Merge to HDR ( the 3 photos at different exposure),

2) The Merge to Panorama (using the 3 HDR DNGs that it created by Step#1 )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you can also take for example 3 photos ( -2EV, 0, +2EV )  of each segment of the panorama shots.

ie. A 3-photo panorama would need 9 photos.

Then the "HDR Panorama" does both these actions in the one step-

1) Merge to HDR ( the 3 photos at different exposure),

2) The Merge to Panorama (using the 3 HDR DNGs that it created by Step#1 )

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. So take hdr shot, move camera, take 2nd hdr, repeat as needed and then process all the shots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. I take 5 bracketed images in portrait mode (sideways), then swivel the camera (on a leveled tripod of course) a few degrees to the right and keep doing that until I've covered the entire scene. I think my record is merging 45 images in HDR/Panorama mode, though I probably used the processing time to take a break and go do something else 😅

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried this. Took 12 shots (portrait format, 3 shots each segment +,0,-; and then 4 segments with about 1/3 overlap from previous segment.  Sent them all to Lightroom HDR Panorama and it worked great.  Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines