Panoramas not showing

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I´m having the problem that Lightroom can not read the Panoramas that i have imported from my Galaxy S21 Ultra. I can see the files in my catalogue, but they are just grey. On my previous phone, the Galaxy S7, i had no problem with the panoramas. 

Lightroom Version: 5.7.1

MacBook Pro 13 from mid 2014

Does anyone know a solution to the problem?

Cheers Ciro

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Samsung Galaxy S21 requires LrC 11.1 or higher. You will need to purchase a Lightroom Classic subscription to edit these files.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/adobe-lightroom-offers-raw-support-galaxy-s21-ultra-z-fold-3/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't that affect all photos from the S21?

Because I have no problems with the regular photos from the S21, just the Panoramas that I have taken in camera won't work.

Would prefer to not get a subscription, because I paid a lot of money for the Lightroom version.

If there is a way to just convert the Panoramas without losing quality I would prefer doing so.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Shouldn't that affect all photos from the S21?"

Are the other photos JPEG or HEIC?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are both JPEG.

I attached both files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file Panorama.jpg doesn't conform to the 25-year-old JPEG industry standard:

$ exiftool -htmldump Panorama.jpg > /dev/null
Warning: JPEG format error - Panorama.jpg

Samsung's panorama app has had this problem for at least six years, and it appears they still haven't fixed it:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-unable-to-import-p...

Apparently, at some point in the last three years, LR was changed to handle these nonconforming files -- my LR 11.2 imports it just fine.

The simplest workaround is to open the file in Photoshop (or some other program that can save JPEGs) and resave the file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The workaround works perfectly fine for me!

Thanks for the help guys!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines