Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panoramas not showing

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I´m having the problem that Lightroom can not read the Panoramas that i have imported from my Galaxy S21 Ultra. I can see the files in my catalogue, but they are just grey. On my previous phone, the Galaxy S7, i had no problem with the panoramas. 

Lightroom Version: 5.7.1

MacBook Pro 13 from mid 2014

Does anyone know a solution to the problem?

Cheers Ciro

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Samsung Galaxy S21 requires LrC 11.1 or higher. You will need to purchase a Lightroom Classic subscription to edit these files.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/adobe-lightroom-offers-raw-support-galaxy-s21-ultra-z-fold-3/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't that affect all photos from the S21?

Because I have no problems with the regular photos from the S21, just the Panoramas that I have taken in camera won't work.

Would prefer to not get a subscription, because I paid a lot of money for the Lightroom version.

If there is a way to just convert the Panoramas without losing quality I would prefer doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Shouldn't that affect all photos from the S21?"

Are the other photos JPEG or HEIC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are both JPEG.

I attached both files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file Panorama.jpg doesn't conform to the 25-year-old JPEG industry standard:

$ exiftool -htmldump Panorama.jpg > /dev/null
Warning: JPEG format error - Panorama.jpg

Samsung's panorama app has had this problem for at least six years, and it appears they still haven't fixed it:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-unable-to-import-p...

Apparently, at some point in the last three years, LR was changed to handle these nonconforming files -- my LR 11.2 imports it just fine.

The simplest workaround is to open the file in Photoshop (or some other program that can save JPEGs) and resave the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround works perfectly fine for me!

Thanks for the help guys!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Has anyone worked out a way to identify the affected panoramas and then feed this into photoshop for an automated solution? Photoshop has scripting capabilities, so I'd guess that at minimum we could write a script for PS that does everything or alternatively a script to identify the files and generate the PS script. There doesn't seem to be any way from within the Lightroom 6.14 interface to filter for only the photos with errors reading. I might try getting into the database if I can. At least I could probably export all the files from the relevant camera (S21+) and that have a resolution > the standard photo.

Thanks,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh by the way it actually looks like Samsung must have fixed the issue in a recent update. My most recent trip 19-Sept-22 onwards, the panoramas work in lightroom. So I guess I just need to 'fix' the older ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines