• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Part of image is blacked out

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has started with the latest version of lightroom. I was looking at old images and discovered one of them having part of the image completely black (see the capture with a black strip on the right). As was looking at the images a couple more got blacked out bands: one vertical and one horizontal band. I've opened the underlying raw image and it is perfectly fine. The issue then is with Lightroom rendering. I've tried to open the same image in Develop and Print modules and it retains that black band. I've tried to create a virtual copy and it shows it without band at first but then renders preview with all adjustments and the black band comes back. I've tried to reset all adjustments but the black band does not go away.

Lightroom Classic Version Number: 11.0.1 Release | Camera Raw 14.0 | Build [202111111509-eae8952e]
OS Version Number: Windows 10 | Version 21H1 | Build 19043.1348

Steps to reproduce: No known steps to reproduce. It just happens to images that are already in Lightroom.

Expected result: Images are rendered correctly.
Actual result: Images rendered with a black band blocking part of the image.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Try temporarily setting Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor. Does the problem go away?

2.  Try doing a clean uninstall and update to the latest version of your graphics driver by following these instructions precisely:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4

3. It may be a hardware problem, e.g. disk errors. Often with such problems, LR is unable to read the raw data correctly, but other apps are able to display the JPEG preview embedded in the raw. This could account for why you can see a correct image when viewing it in an external application. Select a problem image, do Metadata > Save Metadata To File, upload the image and it's .xmp sidecar to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar, and post the sharing link here. We can see if the issue occurs on other installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for you response. I've tried a different raw converter and ended up with the same black band. So, it looks like the raw file itself is corrupted. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corrupted file caused by hardware malfunction (probably hard disk but also possibly bad memory chips). Run diagnostics on your hardware. Also restore the photos from backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines