• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pentax K1 Mark II color profiles missing

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm using Lightroom verstion 6.14. I've been using a Pentax K1 and all the color profiles (landscape, bright, natural etc) were in the Developement panel when shooting DNG RAW. I just changed cameras to a Pentax K1 Mark II and none of the profiles are now there when using DNG RAW. The only thing that shows up is "embedded." Can someone please help me identify how to get those profiles for the Pentax K1 Mark II? Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain that those profiles did come with Lightroom? Those profiles need to be developed and adapted by Adobe for each camera, to recreate a look and feel as with the camera. Lr 6.14 may read the DNG files created, but as the camera has been released after the final 6.14 release, you will not find the extras for this camera.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That camera model was released after your software version, so there's no camera specific support. A DNG's "embedded" profile reflects the image mode chosen in the camera, so if you (say) set Landscape in the camera menu then something similar will be seen in Lightroom, to what a camera-matching "Landscape" Adobe profile would have otherwise produced. If you had set something else in the camera, then that is what you will see the effect of, as Embedded.

I see three options: you can subscribe to newer software that will support your model natively - so far as offering a choice of profiles but also achieving auto lens-profile recognition etc - as well as including various feature and processing updates that have come out since 6.14.

You may be able to edit a copy of each camera matching profile that you already have for the K1: altering the camera identifying fields within that suitably. Trying that would cost nothing but experimentation time. It may be a complete failure of course but no harm will happen. However, even if it works OK, generic DNG support is what you are currently relying on for Raw conversion, and that by definition has not been checked and optimised per individual camera model, by Adobe. Sometimes camera-specific Raw support involves a certain amount of tweaking, before it's as good as it can be, and you won't get any of that. 

Some years ago I generated and saved K10 camera matching profiles for myself, Adobe having not otherwise supplied such - being a less mass-popular camera brand. I did that by setting each in-camera image mode in turn, shooting a DNG, bringing those in turn into the Adobe DNG Profile Editor tool (including that Embedded treatment), and saving out an Adobe camera profile (suitably named) from there. These profiles could then be applied at will, to images from that camera inside LrC, including when in PEF rather than DNG.

That last experiment worked but was not useful to me sadly - once I remembered that I positively disliked Pentax's in-camera rendering of JPGs! and hence, concluded that rendering Raws to match those, was not a desired aim... 😞  Great Raws though, when processed with an Adobe standard profile more to my liking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines