• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

People Module Crashes Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to access the People module of Lightroom on my desktop, it crashes the program.  Does anyone else have this issue, or know what to do about it?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide the version of Lightroom Classic you are running and the version of the operating system? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

Please provide the following basic information:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1624160794895.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1624160794896.png

GoldingD_2-1624160794896.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue.

Lightroom Classic 6.14 under Windows 10 21H1. when I click on the People Panel Lightroom just crashes without any message. Would be great to have a solution to this. I already tried disabling GPU but the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is my understanding that the technology Adobe used for face recognition in Lightroom 6 was licensed from a third party, and that license has not been renewed. That is why facial recognition no longer works in that version of Lightroom. It is out of production and is no longer supported in any way by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is a very potentially impactfull statement, since I bought a software with a set of features. Adobe is legally obliged to keep the features, they cannot remove it after the purchase, or will have to reimburse the customers ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if a customer purchases software that runs on a certain operating system, and the operating system changes, and then that software won't run anymore, is the producer of the software obligated to update the software even though that software is out of production, ancient, and forgotten by the company? I don't think so. Lightroom 6 has been long forgotten by Adobe. Anyone who is serious about their photography has moved on, even if it is to a different product with a different vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has no legal or moral responsibility to support old software that has lapsed legal terms in the license. Specifically the End-user license agreement. In that you will find that you paid for use, not ownership. In that you will find Adobe would not support the software after a specific period of time after the software was terminated (stopped selling the version, end of life) , think I remember that being 3 years. 

Fairly sure someone attempted to take Adobe to court in Europe, Court told them No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines