• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance drop after updating to LrC 11

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After months of hesitation I updated to version 11 today, and then I immediately cursed myself.
The previous version ran smoothly as silk on my pc, this one is ridiculously bad. If I move a slider I see the result of it after 4-5 seconds, if I scroll with the mouse through the presets the preview is always loaded after 4-5 seconds. The program has become totally unusable.

My pc is not very recent but it's not a piece of junk: i5 6600 (quad 3.3 ghz cores), 32 gb ram (DDR4), Nvidia 1050Ti, and 3 SSD hard disks. So it is not possible that the problem is the hardware (unless Adobe has chosen to intentionally make the program unusable for anyone without a ultra top-of-the-line computer).

The new masks section intrigues me a lot, but if there are no ways to solve this bug (because it must be a bug) I'll have to go back to the previous version.

I premise that I have already updated the nvidia drivers (latest studio driver) and windows 10 has all the latest updates. So the problem is not related to this. And yes, I already optimized the catalog, and Cloud Sync is off.

I also tried to disable GPU acceleration but with no luck; everything stays the same.
The fact is that the rest of the system is running perfectly smooth. Only Lightroom is slowed down.
In Task Manager Lightroom is sucking up 2 gb of ram, and CPU usage is fluctuating up and down from 0,3% to 10% in idle, but when I do something on LRC (example: moving a slider) the CPU usage skyrockets to 50%

Fun strange fact: if I switch the lightroom language to english (mine was originally set to italian) things go much better: not snappy as the previous version but much more usable (i.e. I see the results of my actions with 1 sec delay instead of 4-5 secs delay). Anyway this is not normal.

Has anyone had similar experiences after the update and maybe even managed to solve them?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind checking the below mentioned details and perform the steps to check if it helps?

1. Go to Preferences > Performance and increase the Camera Raw Cache size to 10.0GB or more.

2. On the same tab, check the option to Use Smart Previews instead of Original for image editing.

3. On the same tab, check the option to Use Smart Previews instead of Original for image editing and uncheck the option to Generate Previews in Parallel.

Once you have made the above-mentioned changes, quit and relaunch Lightroom Classic prior to testing the application.

Please click on the identity plate in the upper-left corner to see if Face Detection is running or not. If it's running please click on pause and then restart the application to check if that helps . Also, if you’re running any anti-virus or anti-malware software, try temporarily disabling it and see if Lightroom Classic runs at a normal speed.

Also, click on this link to Optimize the performance of Lightroom Classic. Here is the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless Adobe has chosen to intentionally make the program unusable for anyone without a ultra top-of-the-line computer

Ah yes, conspiracy theory!! I hate it.

Your i5-6600 is six years old and relatively slow CPU given today's standards. Not a piece of junk, but not fast either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god. Do you know how a rhetorical question works? Maybe try to also read what it is written before the brackets next time. Conspiracy theory... relax man.

My cpu is 6 years old but worked perfectly with lightroom 10, so, considering that lots of people experienced lightroom 11 as running snappier and faster than the previous version, I don't see how it can be a cpu problem. People uses LrC 11 decently on laptops much less powerful than my configuration, without experiencing 5 seconds delay on everything.

Proof that it is not an hardware issue is also the fact that if I change the program language to English, almost all problems are magically solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why do I have to bay a new hardware to upgrade LRC ?  My hardware is MacPro mid 2010 2 x 3,46 GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon, Memory: 128 GB, 1333 MHz DDR3, Startdisc: SSD 256 GB  Graphic: Radeon RX 580 8 GB.  The message is: "not compatible".  I have used LRC since 2009.  8TB discs, with about 140 000 Raw images.  Friends in the grapic industry say to me that Microsoft today are more flexible, due to not so strong link between Hardware and software? Is that correct?  I´m retired and do not want to buy new hardware so often as before. Upgrade in small steps is ok, but not have to bay a completely new Hardware. My printer Epson Stylus Pro 9800 is still working with old software. New software is not aviable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines