• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permanently Show Parent Folder LRC Light Room Classic

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, good evening and I hope everyone is well!

I have just moved to a new iMac and installed LRC.

There is one thing I can't quite work out, how to show Parent Folder permanently after I select my raw images. 

I used to be able to do this and I remember last time I had this issue it took me a while to figure it out but this time, I can't seem to sort it. 

I can select the folder and the option to SHOW PARENT FOLDER but I never had to do this. 

MY SET UP AS FOLLOWS:

I have a main folder dated and named:

20210101 - me event awards hotel name

In that folder above I have another folder set called RAW and then a JPEG folder (for the clients. 

I used to able to import the RAW folder - then edit my images and send to JPEG - but now I import RAW and the folder visible is RAW and not the parent folder: 20210101 - me event awards hotel name

Any ideas if anything has changed in the last year with LRC updates that prevent the parent folder from

automatically showing up?

Many thanks,

Jon

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Library Module, in the left panel Folder section if you right click on a folder the popup dialog will have an option "show parent folder".

See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 7.30.57 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 13.06.12.png

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 13.06.18.png

Thanks for your reply, I know this but every time I upload new images I have to manually select SHOP PARENT FOLDER but now I have upgraded my Mac and reloaded LRC, I have to keep slecting parent manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines