Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permission issues with Lightroom

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac Pro (2017), macOS Mojave 10.14 Graphic Rodeon Pro Vega 64

I installed the new version of Lightroom Classic CC, but when I tried to start Lightroom, I got permission issues. Then I tried every suggestion including changing the password that you suggest in your page. Unfortunately I still have the same problem. I uninstall the Lightroom then reinstall, that also did not work. So I went back and reinstall the older version. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarpel  wrote

iMac Pro (2017), macOS Mojave 10.14 Graphic Rodeon Pro Vega 64

I installed the new version of Lightroom Classic CC, but when I tried to start Lightroom, I got permission issues.

Why do you say you "got permission issues"? Provide details. What is the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave may be asking you for 'permission' for LR to access your drive, a new security feature.

If so, go into System preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy tab. Click to make changes (as Admin), then click the Plus button to allow apps below to control your computer and select Lightroom and other applications that ask for this access. Done, you'll not be asked again.

Security.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 11.13.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 11.14.13 AM.png

Learn more brings several suggestions

manual changing folder permissions

using a script to change folder permissions, today I renown the script and this time it worked Thanks everybody

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whats the script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking "Learn More" took me to a 404 error page on Adobe. Can you explain more about the scripts? I'm having the same problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I have access with Adobe Lightroom Classic, but when I try to access Adobe Lightroom.  It is saying - FOlder permission denied.  The folder "desktop" cannot be open because you don't have permission to see its content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello is someone going to help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help you you need to help us with your computer spec like Operating System, Computer model and Lightroom Version.

Also insert using the icon below a screen shot of the error message.. this wiil all help

Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 4.16.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello,
The type of MacBook Pro I have is:

1. Apple M3 Pro
2. MAC OS Sonoma
3. LR 2024

*See the attached of the message I am receiving *

*Yolanda*
*Warm regards,*

*"It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter**."
-Alfred Eisenstaedt*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go into System Preferences->Privacy and security->Full Disk Access and turn full disk access on for Lightroom Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go into System Preferences->Privacy and security->Full Disk Access and turn full disk access on for Lightroom Classic. 

By @Jao vdL

I believe the OP means that Lightroom Classic does have full disk access, when he said "I have access with Adobe Lightroom Classic". After all, this is discussed in the earlier messages of this old thread. But perhaps he did not read those before posting...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that as having access to - i.e. have a subscription that includes Lightroom Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I have access with Adobe Lightroom Classic, but when I try to access Adobe Lightroom.  It is saying - FOlder permission denied.  The folder "desktop" cannot be open because you don't have permission to see its content.

By @YCU

Are you perhaps trying to access the Desktop folder of another account?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines